Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Stacks (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Korg Er-1 control (NRPN) (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=1500)

amsonx 08-12-2011 01:59 AM

Korg Er-1 control (NRPN)

1 Attachment(s)
I've an ER-1 so i've made this simple project to control the ER-1 parameters with the Numerology's modulation source.
Hope that here someone have this great gear.

numer 08-12-2011 10:03 PM

it's gonna be a while before I can try this out, but thanks in advance!!!

I have numerology and an er-1, so I'm sure it will help me.

amsonx 08-13-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numer (Post 6893)
it's gonna be a while before I can try this out, but thanks in advance!!!

I have numerology and an er-1, so I'm sure it will help me.

i've got a lot of fun using the Er-1 with a very low BPM and long decay and modulate parameter(s) from Num.
Apart the Er-1 i use much Num to control my other Hw as the Roland R8mkII and my Mopho

numer 08-13-2011 01:51 PM

am-

can you help me get started with your file. i can't figure it out. Sorry to be such a leech, but I need more help!!

amsonx 08-14-2011 01:46 AM

Try to connect some modulation source to NRPN generator CV input and see what happens.(be sure that your ER-1 is correctly set to receive the control data)
tomorrow i'll do an little example with some more info and i'll put it here.

cheers
Diego

(sorry for my english but isn't my primary language )

riffkillsman 10-18-2011 09:28 PM

thanks for posting this! ive been trying to figure out the nrpn thing for a while, and for the er1 specifically. this example makes it much easier to understand!

amsonx 10-19-2011 01:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i'm happy that this is useful for you. :)

in the attachments you can the NRPN table for the er-1 and the ea-1 that i've used for doing the stack.
Using numerology modulation sequencer mapped on the Er-1 parameters is really fun and powerful.

cheers
Diego

riffkillsman 10-19-2011 02:47 AM

yeah it is pretty cool.it sends a ton of midi info and my er1 has stopped making sound on occasion? must get overloaded? i put a modulation sequence on the pitch of a few stacks, and if i do so while its running the korg will freeze..i can get it working if i restart numerology though. thanks again that chart is super helpful!

amsonx 10-19-2011 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riffkillsman (Post 7924)
yeah it is pretty cool.it sends a ton of midi info and my er1 has stopped making sound on occasion? must get overloaded? i put a modulation sequence on the pitch of a few stacks, and if i do so while its running the korg will freeze..i can get it working if i restart numerology though. thanks again that chart is super helpful!

well, i've used it for control some parameters..but with minimum of planing is really fun.
No , i can't remember midi overflow but i've used only some parameters not all.

jim 10-19-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by riffkillsman (Post 7924)

Yes, you can overload the hardware MIDI output if you try to send too much, use the "Data Rate" control on any of the MIDI Gen modules to keep it under control. Using the MIDI Monitor from snoize.com is also a good way to keep an eye on what is going on.

Cheers,
Jim