Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer

Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer (http://www.five12.net/index.php)
-   Five12 News (http://www.five12.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Numerology 2.1b4 (http://www.five12.net/showthread.php?t=398)

jim 04-09-2009 04:01 PM

Numerology 2.1b4

Many important detail items: tweaks to existing features, bug fixes, etc. There are some major updates to step recording, the timeline, the Keyboard module, and menus. I'm shooting for a 2.1 release next week, so this is it for new features. There are couple things that missed out, but will show up in 2.2. Of course, I'm very interested in any bugs or oddities you find in this build. I'll be working on doc, new examples, and fixes through the weekend..

http://www.five12.com/Numerology-2.1b4.dmg

Cheers,
Jim

.................................................. ...................................

Numerology 2.1b4 Release Notes:

Navigation:
- In the Rack, you can now use tab to switch between modules & routing views
- You can use shift-tab to cycle between the Rack, Timeline & Mixer.

Menus:
- All menus now use standard apple menu API's for the 'popup' parts.

Chord Seq:
- Fixed a bug that could cause gate length values to get messed up.
- Properly implemented left shift and right shift.
- Re-implemented the algorithm for inversion to better handle some unusual cases.

Keyboard Module:
- Now has a MIDI input and a 'hold' button.

Step Recording:
- The "cursor" used for step recording is now visible when in that mode.
- There are now "increment cursor" and "decrement cursor" parameters, available via ParamMod that can be used to manually move the cursor.
- The cursor parameter is itself also available for param mod.

- New recording option: "Pitch Wheel Cursor" : When step recording is enabled, you can use the Pitch Wheel on a keyboard to move the cursor forwards and backwards.

- New recording option: "Mod Wheel Gate" : When step recording, the gate time for the step will be ste to the value of the Mod Wheel. For the DrumSeq, this option is "Mod Wheel Velocity", which is much more useful in that case. Note: make sure to set an 'initial value' by moving the mod wheel before recording your first step or you may get unpredictable results!

- Step Recording now works for the DrumSeq; of course, having cursor control makes all the difference.

Timeline:
- There is now a master on/off switch for the entire arrangement in the timeline, just above the zoom control.
- The Arrange menu for each stack now appears on the StackIn module as well as on the mixer and the timeline
- Shortcut: You can now command-click on a preset block in the timeline to edit that preset in the rack.
- Now when you duplicate a stack, its arrangement is duplicated also.
- Fixed a bug where tracks that started 'empty' were not always muted.
- Fixed a bug where timeline 'events' (mute, un-mute, set preset) were occasionally not executed.

New Stacks:
- When you create a new stack, you can now pick one of the four stack templates as the default for all new stacks. New options for stack templates will be added for version 2.2.... ;)

Transport Loop:
- Moved to the transport bar.
- Fixed a display error in the 'beat' when looping.

ProgChange Module:
- The "(Send) Now" button is now automatable. However, since the most likely ParamMod source is a GateSeq, and that is not available in the "Add Modulation" dialog, you're probably best off setting up modulatio of this the "old fashioned" way (add a GateSeq, add a ParamMod, etc..).

MIDI FIlter Module:
- Now has the option to re-channelize outgoing MIDI messages

Clock Stack : No More Accent Seq
I've dropped the accent sequencer from the Clock stack for all new projects. The reason for this is has to do with the way preset changes and the transport loop are implemented. The amount of work required to get those happening properly for a CV Seq in the Clock stack other than the GrooveClock doesn't justify keeping it around. The workaround is very simple: create another stack, and put it in there.

Audio In
- New module to complement the Audio Out module...

MIDI Input / Ouput:
- New "MIDI In" module to complement the "MIDI Out"
- The MIDI meters now work on both modules.

CV Input / Output:
These modules now have some very handy little meters on them. The work like this:
- if the CV is 0, a blank circle is drawn
- if the value is > 0, the upper half circle is drawn.
- if the value is > 0, the lower half circle is drawn.
- the half circles are colored according to the absolute value of the signal:
- yellow for abs value < 1.0;
- green for abs value == 1.0;
- teal for abs value <= 10.0;
- blue for abs value <= 100.0;
- purple for abs value <= 1000.0;
- magenta for anything else
- The brigness of the color also varies based on the absolute value of the signal.

Timeline:
- fixed a bug where the "Preset Clip" dialog wouldn't scroll properly

LFO, Dual LFO, Mixer/Scope
- Cut the CPU time required to draw the waveform displays for these modules

Misc Fixes & Updates

- Fixed a bug where it could be difficult to insert modules at the bottom of a stack.

- Envelope : Midi Assigned "CC" values now respect the range set for the attack, hold, decay and release params.

- Now when you export a module, the exported name defaults to the name of the module.

- Fixed a drawing error with the Module Action Menu (on the module header)

- The stack comment that appears below the stack tabs and above the modules in the stack is now colored white for readability.

- When a project has been 'edited', the appropriate little dot now shows up in the close button for the window (i.e. the red button in the top left corner)

- Fixed a "crash on quit" that could happen on PPC/10.4.11

Bryan T 04-09-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim (Post 1377)
- In the Rack, you can now use tab to switch between modules & routing views

That alone is worth the download. I can't tell you how many times I've pressed tab and wondered why it didn't switch views.

Thanks!

Per Boysen 04-09-2009 04:49 PM

yup........

jue 04-10-2009 02:28 AM

TI Snow MIDI question

Hello,

just wanted to note that with the new MIDI filter module were a MIDI channel change is now possible you can have now differend MIDI channels in one Stack.

Sorry, but someone asked me for this and I was not able to find the mail again. It belongs to the question about the TI snow.

Just route your MIDI thru the MIDI filter and select the channel you wish and connect all this MIDI out to your TI snow plugin / Stack out.
You can do it up to 16 times now.
If you need an example let me know.

best
jue

john brennan 04-10-2009 02:35 PM

virus question

Hi jue
thanks for pointing that out ill give it a go over the weekend
cheers

john brennan 04-11-2009 05:53 AM

battery 3

Hi just wanted to ask if anybody has had problems using battery 3 with N2 ? Ive been using the demo with N2 for a while and it all worked no problem but installed the full version ( purchased form NI ) and now it just crashes every time i try load a non demo kit ! :mad: Ive just emailed NI but wanted to see if any N2 users had any experiance with this fault
cheers
john

jim 04-11-2009 01:01 PM

I have Battery 3, but I just swapped out a hard drive, so I need to re-install, which should be a good test. Regardless, email me your crash logs so I can examine them. They are in <your home dir>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter and will be named something like "Numerology2-crash-***.log".

Best,
Jim

zip 04-11-2009 03:53 PM

program change sequencing with an LFO

Works fine now. Thanks for this feature, Jim!

Best,

Zip

fleskus 04-12-2009 09:57 PM

Increment/decrement cursor + gate on MW in step recording really is useful. Assigning a CC to the cursor parameter (ParamMod + FaderBox) is useful on sequencers with many steps.

With FaderBox, CV Mixer, and CC Gen i could get a nice addition to the MW gate: Fader 1 (0–1), which is a toggle, is multiplied with fader 2 (0–127) and sent to CC1.

It would be nice to have the sequencers scroll so that the cursor is kept in center view though.

André

ryanmca 04-13-2009 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john brennan (Post 1388)
Hi just wanted to ask if anybody has had problems using battery 3 with N2 ? Ive been using the demo with N2 for a while and it all worked no problem but installed the full version ( purchased form NI ) and now it just crashes every time i try load a non demo kit ! :mad: Ive just emailed NI but wanted to see if any N2 users had any experiance with this fault
cheers
john

I am able to run Battery 3 just fine here.