View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 07:35 PM

I picked one of these up in the last run they did. Mixed bag for me, too, for different reasons. I'm using this as part of a studio setup as an input to Ableton, the 'tracks' thing and the 'seq' problems aren't big issues for me. The main complaint I have is that the effects automation can only work with the effects in the same track as the automation, and subsequently, has to be the same length as the track, which rules out doing much with velocity other than randomizing it. It *really* needs LFO's. The way the Euclidean mode "takes over" the track when it's active makes it impossible to tweak automation and controllers while the track is actually playing.

But I really like sequencing with a hardware device, and since it's not a plugin, Ableton deals with multi-channel midi from it. The focus they've put on different time-division options is pretty great.

How did you find out about the anticipated change in OS 0.89? I'd be a lot more disappointed with this thing if it wasn't so clearly a work-in-progress.