Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Build 127

Big news if you have 10.9 & LogicX (see below). Also some interesting changes to the NoteSequencers w.r.t. setting semitone offsets & per-step probability. This build is still for registered users only, accessible via the usual spots (N3 Build 70 or later, and N4 build's via the 'Check for Updates' menu). I'm hoping to post it as a public beta next week -- after the NAMM show.

Cheers,
Jim

Numerology 4 Build 127 (& 128)

- Mavericks: If you're on 10.9, this build will install a "MIDI Effect" version of the N4 AU (called Numerology4AUMX). You can use this pluigin as a "MIDI Insert Effect" in LogicX instrument tracks for sample-accurate, latency-free MIDI transmission.

- Project Backups: Numerology will now keep backup copies of all your project saves in the ".media/AutoSave" folder associated with each project. In the next release I'll add a pref along the lines of 'keep the last 5, 25,or 50 version of this project'. I'll also be adding an autosave function...

- N4 AU & VST: Added the 'groove' (a.k.a. swing) setting back in.
- Fixed a crash related to undo.
- ChordSeq : Now 're-fits' all chords on scale change.
- Sync Setup : fixed a problem with some MIDI ports not showing up.

- Per-Step Probability : For all note sequencers, you can set, per-step the probability that that step will play.
- MonoNote, PolyNote, ChordSeq : New param: "Semitone Offset" -- allows you to transpose a sequence from the UI
w/o changing the key.
- MonoNote, PolyNote, ChordSeq : Now use a menu for "Octave Offset" -- necessary to accomodate UI for semitone offset.
- MonoNote : Now uses a menu for "Key" -- necessary to accomodate UI for semitone offset.

Build 128 : Fixes a bug introduced in build 127 whereby mute steps would not work properly in notes seqs.

Last edited by jim; 01-22-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Per-Step Probability : For all note sequencers, you can set, per-step the probability that that step will play.

awesome. thank you.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

- Mavericks: If you're on 10.9, this build will install a "MIDI Effect" version of the N4 AU (called Numerology4AUMX). You can use this pluigin as a "MIDI Insert Effect" in LogicX instrument tracks...
Thank you for the upgrade!
I have one problem, I am still on 10.8.5. Is there any way I can install the midi fx version?
Old 01-21-2014, 12:05 AM

midifx plugin in Logic changes everything....

amazing work Jim!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:46 AM

Stellar!

Chord Sequencer works just like I hoped and ran some MidiFX trials tonight and it's a blast.

Thanks Jim!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk View Post
Thank you for the upgrade!
I have one problem, I am still on 10.8.5. Is there any way I can install the midi fx version?
You could -- by digging around in the .app bundle, but it doesn't work -- the plugin loads, but no transport action. I'm not sure yet what the deal is -- could be a LogicX thing, could be that I need to flip some magic switches...

Jim
Old 01-21-2014, 01:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
Stellar!

Chord Sequencer works just like I hoped and ran some MidiFX trials tonight and it's a blast.

Thanks Jim!
Good to hear on both counts. FYI: new chords are coming. The next batch will have new chords up to 4 notes each, then I'll bump up the UI to handle 6 note chords (the internals already handle it) and start adding 9ths, 11ths...
Old 01-21-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Good to hear on both counts. FYI: new chords are coming. The next batch will have new chords up to 4 notes each, then I'll bump up the UI to handle 6 note chords (the internals already handle it) and start adding 9ths, 11ths...
Awesome...
Old 01-21-2014, 12:19 PM

Quote:
- Mavericks: If you're on 10.9, this build will install a "MIDI Effect" version of the N4 AU (called Numerology4AUMX). You can use this plugin as a "MIDI Insert Effect" in LogicX instrument tracks for sample-accurate, latency-free MIDI transmission.
Wow oh WOW!!!! :-)
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 PM

Keeps getting better!