Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 02-17-2010, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Those four buttons are used heavily, and almost every other button is already doubled (and sometimes tripled) up. It may be possible to implement some kind of fudge, like holding down user 2 while pushing one of the other buttons, but for now I don't plan to change anything.

Jim
Best to leave it alone then

Just being able to use the Launchpad with Numerology would be enough for me. I really like where Numerology is heading, and it's great to see a developer having this kind of dialogue with users.
Old 02-20-2010, 03:50 PM

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will there ever be support for velocity in the drum seq?

Also, some preset functions (copy/paste/dupe/clear notes) would be sweet in a hardware controlled environment!

Keep up the good work Jim, this is too much fun!
Old 02-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodama View Post
Sorry if this has already been asked, but will there ever be support for velocity in the drum seq?
Yes, I'll probably create an alternate edit mode where you edit velocity per-track, with the top row used to choose the drum track, and the bottom 7 to set velocity.

Quote:
Also, some preset functions (copy/paste/dupe/clear notes) would be sweet in a hardware controlled environment!
You can dup now (hold "User2" and push "Session"), but there will be more coming.

Quote:
Keep up the good work Jim, this is too much fun!
Groovy, thanks!
Jim
Old 02-21-2010, 03:06 AM

Quote:

You can dup now (hold "User2" and push "Session"), but there will be more coming.

Groovy, thanks!
Jim
i've tried this tips but for me seem dont work, probably i'm missed something.
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 02-21-2010, 06:47 AM

Default Pro tools

First of all, this is just amazing, what an incredible way to control this sequencer, love how it's set up. Can't wait to see what's planned for the 'Play/pan' button there on the left - realtime note triggering?
Anyway, I've been using numerology rewired in pro tools 8; I can't get the launchpad working in this manner at all. I'm also using a novation remote 37 controller, so automap server fires up when I start pro tools, which may complicate things. I've tried quitting that (which takes away the remote's features, which I use alot in PT) and that doesn't work. Also have tried disabling launchpad as an input device in pro tools and that doesn't work. And also other combinations of automap server on or off and launchpad selected or not as an input device - nothing seems to work.
I realize this is beta and I'm probably overly excited about using this with numerology rewired in my pro tools sessions - are there any suggestions for getting this working now, or is there rewire support for non-'live' rewired applications on the way? If there's any testing type stuff I can do to help make that happen I'll eagerly do so!
Thanks, and again, am just blown away at how cool this setup is!

Edit:
Okay, saw this post: http://five12.net/showpost.php?p=3122&postcount=16 and it is working beautifully now in pro tools! Woohoo this is killer!!!!!

Last edited by udder; 02-21-2010 at 09:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by udder View Post
Edit:
Okay, saw this post: http://five12.net/showpost.php?p=3122&postcount=16 and it is working beautifully now in pro tools! Woohoo this is killer!!!!!
Yeah, installer bug, fix out w/ next build...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsonx View Post
i've tried this tips but for me seem dont work, probably i'm missed something.
It only works from Rack Edit mode, and there is no visual feedback -- an issue I'm working on. FYI: I'm starting to re-examine the while dup vs. snap issue, but haven't made a decision yet.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 02-24-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Yes, I'll probably create an alternate edit mode where you edit velocity per-track, with the top row used to choose the drum track, and the bottom 7 to set velocity.
I would think that the method currently used to transpose notes would also be nice in the drum editor in order to switch between 8 velocities per note.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:12 PM

Just got Silent Way and a few used modules. Looking forward to mod and gate seqs with LP!

Old 03-04-2010, 05:46 PM

Default hoping...

I was wondering if it would be possible when in chord seq mode, for the gate div page to work for adjusting the arpeggiation/broken chord/strum when in those modes.

Just killed the entire afternoon with Numerology and the LP. Thanks a lot Jim.