Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 04-28-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
- Project files: Last stack selected, browser/preset tab position and stack scroll positions now remembered.
Doesn't remember whether the SampleKit was in expanded or minimised mode, though.

Quote:
- N4 App & ReWire : No AU reset on transport stop -- means better reverb/delay tails.
Great tweak! However, recording stops cold immediately upon transport stop so my lovely end-of-track reverb & delay tails don't get recorded.

Edit: I'm still seeing sequencers regularly get out of synch with the master clock and/or each other. So I use the hard-sync functionality to keep them aligned but this makes the error (an off by one or rounding calculation error somewhere?) even more visible. Caught a couple of examples on video at 0:04 & 0:20 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDxbJONxwA

Last edited by Arboria Auralist; 04-28-2015 at 10:12 AM. Reason: note about hard-sync malfunction
Old 04-28-2015, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arboria Auralist View Post
Doesn't remember whether the SampleKit was in expanded or minimised mode, though.
I'll give that a bump, I keep forgetting to fix that...

Quote:
Great tweak! However, recording stops cold immediately upon transport stop so my lovely end-of-track reverb & delay tails don't get recorded.
So, tricky business, delay and reverb tails. I suppose I could add something to auto-record until all sound drops below a low threshold -- but then that could be disaster if you have a live Guitar or Mic input anywhere (I often do). Ditto for letting it record when the transport is not running, though that is something I often want myself...

Anyway, there is an easy workaround: Use the mute button on the Main Output or make 'MUTED' presets on the stacks so you can let the tails decay, then stop recording when it is done.

Quote:
Edit: I'm still seeing sequencers regularly get out of synch with the master clock and/or each other. So I use the hard-sync functionality to keep them aligned but this makes the error (an off by one or rounding calculation error somewhere?) even more visible. Caught a couple of examples on video at 0:04 & 0:20 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDxbJONxwA
The "Hard Sync == 4 Beats" issue is on the list, but isn't a high priority as I don't recommend that config. Send me any of your projects that show the out-of-sync issue (w/o Hard Sync on). That sort of thing is pretty rare, but I saw it recently with ModSeq vs. MonoNote and had to tweak the MonoNote timing code very slightly…

Best,
Jim
Old 04-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Administrator

… a quick update on the test files folks have sent along. I've seen three things:

- Some files have 2 tracks, where the first track is empty, just comments it seems. I've tweaked the code to skip such tracks. I have not decided how to handle multiple tracks with events yet…

- Tracks with 'empty space' at the front are not read correctly, that will be an easy fix.

- I have an odd case where a 32-nd note pattern isn't read correctly, still investigating that one….

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-29-2015, 07:26 PM

Not sure if this has been handled in a previous release or not, but does N4 have "App Nap" permanently disabled now?
Old 04-30-2015, 08:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phase ghost View Post
Not sure if this has been handled in a previous release or not, but does N4 have "App Nap" permanently disabled now?
Yes!

Jim
Old 05-05-2015, 03:10 PM

BIG Thanks Jim!

Marvelous update, many great new features!

P
Old 05-06-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
- MonoNote : fixed a subtle timing issue relative to other sequencers.
Holy shit, thank you for fixing this! I've never been able to fully quantify what's been going on so I've never reported this as a bug, but I was definitely seeing this. In some older projects, some of the sequences started sequencing just *slightly* differently than how I expected them to sound. They sound back to normal now.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the update!

however, im still having issues with cpu usage when using it as a vst in ableton.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:57 AM

Hi Jim, i dont know but i am not that impressed from the feature as it is now. If i load a midi file after i loaded one, nothing happens? The most of my midi files dont even show up? Any news on this matter?

Regards
Daniel
Old 05-08-2015, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
Hi Jim, i dont know but i am not that impressed from the feature as it is now. If i load a midi file after i loaded one, nothing happens?
Send me both files. Most of the time when a file does not load, it is a multi-track file with only tempo information in the first track, something N4 wasn't handling before, but will shortly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielk View Post
The most of my midi files dont even show up? Any news on this matter?
The most likely case there is that they use a file extension other than '.mid'. Here also, email me a couple so I can test them out...

Thanks!
Jim