Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33tetragammon View Post
Not to bug you or anything, but when will Push's knobs (or any other controller) be able to auto map to for example a Faderbox Module when you select it?
I know you mentioned some sort of auto mapping in the past.
This would make Numerology even more hands-on, which is of course a good thing imo.
I cant give out a specific date, but will definitely give it a priority bump -- FaderBox mapping should be pretty easy for both Push and Lpad...

Jim
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
I cant give out a specific date, but will definitely give it a priority bump -- FaderBox mapping should be pretty easy for both Push and Lpad...

Jim
Awesome, thanks so much!
Old 04-15-2014, 05:16 PM

Default multiple launchpad support

- N4 adds support for using multiple Launchpads at the same time, all varieties are supported: Launchpad, Launchpad S, Launchpad Mini.

Hi Jim,

This sounds like good news…does it mean the end of scrolling in mono note mode? Would it be possible to have four launchpads next to each other and create 32 step mono note sequences with the steps going from 1 launchpad to the other?

I'm also a little confused about the price tag for N4? Is there some kind of upgrade price for N3 owners?

Keep up the good work,

David
Old 04-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bochez View Post
Hi Jim,
This sounds like good news…does it mean the end of scrolling in mono note mode? Would it be possible to have four launchpads next to each other and create 32 step mono note sequences with the steps going from 1 launchpad to the other?
Currently, each Launchpad runs independently. If you have 2 or more setup, you can pretty easily navigate them so that they each show part of a sequence, but there's no automated facility yet so that you can, say, navigate somewhere else, then come back to that setup quickly. That last bit is on the todo list...

Quote:
I'm also a little confused about the price tag for N4? Is there some kind of upgrade price for N3 owners?
Yes, there is an upgrade. But to avoid 'serial number fatigue', the upgrade is via a coupon off the full N4 price. If you have build 70 or later of N3, you should be able to use the 'Upgrade to Numerology 4" menu to see your coupon code. Otherwise, email me and I'll look it up...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Currently, each Launchpad runs independently. If you have 2 or more setup, you can pretty easily navigate them so that they each show part of a sequence, but there's no automated facility yet so that you can, say, navigate somewhere else, then come back to that setup quickly. That last bit is on the todo list...

Ok Jim, I will try a setup with 2 launchpads and see what that gives.
I'm still looking out for the ultimate Numerology controller.

Although the functionality and navigation of the launchpad, the way you worked it out, is amazing. It's still limited that one is visually stuck to the 8 steps.

Any other suggestions for a controller with a larger overview suitable for live use?

Yes, there is an upgrade. But to avoid 'serial number fatigue', the upgrade is via a coupon off the full N4 price. If you have build 70 or later of N3, you should be able to use the 'Upgrade to Numerology 4" menu to see your coupon code. Otherwise, email me and I'll look it up…

Cheers,
Jim
Ok will check the coupon code.

Thanks,

David
Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Ok Jim, I will try a setup with 2 launchpads and see what that gives.
I'm still looking out for the ultimate Numerology controller.

Although the functionality and navigation of the launchpad, the way you worked it out, is amazing. It's still limited that one is visually stuck to the 8 steps.

Any other suggestions for a controller with a larger overview suitable for live use?
I'm finding the best combination to be a pair of Launchpads (that gives you 16 step overviews), and an iPad w/ TouchOSC or Lemur. The Launchpads work best for sequencer programming and manipulation, and the iPad works well for setting up mixing & other parameters that work best w/ sliders (or knobs). Any controller with at least a few knobs works fine for mixing.

Jim
Old 04-16-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
I'm finding the best combination to be a pair of Launchpads (that gives you 16 step overviews), and an iPad w/ TouchOSC or Lemur. The Launchpads work best for sequencer programming and manipulation, and the iPad works well for setting up mixing & other parameters that work best w/ sliders (or knobs). Any controller with at least a few knobs works fine for mixing.

Jim
Allright, thanks for the tips Jim. I will definitely check the 2 launchpads.
Since I'm using Numerology only as a midi sequencer for my analog synth setup, I'm not much in need of a different controller for the mixer and plugins. Although it might come in handy for controlling other parameters indeed! I'm getting into this...
Old 02-28-2015, 05:25 PM

I finally got hold of a Push and it works so good with Numerology! I love to divide note's Gate, Interval and Velocity into three sequencers. Only that option makes Numerology beat all traditional DAW apps, IMHO. And reading here that Faderbox etc support for Push is coming is nice too.

But I'm wondering about my Push's sustain pedal: when playing manually through the Keyboard module in a stack the pedal's CC#64 seems to not reach the AU synth module?

I'm also thinking about the un-used Push pads in Keyboard mode - maybe you can make them assignable as switches? (could have a third color tone) Would be great to have 15 extra assignable effect buttons so close to your finger tips while playing live.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 03-01-2015, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
But I'm wondering about my Push's sustain pedal: when playing manually through the Keyboard module in a stack the pedal's CC#64 seems to not reach the AU synth module?
I totally didn't think about the sustain pedal, will add it to the todo list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
I'm also thinking about the un-used Push pads in Keyboard mode - maybe you can make them assignable as switches? (could have a third color tone) Would be great to have 15 extra assignable effect buttons so close to your finger tips while playing live.
I have an existing item to use some of those buttons for velocity…

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-02-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
I totally didn't think about the sustain pedal, will add it to the todo list!
Awesome - thanks! :-)

Quote:
I have an existing item to use some of those buttons for velocity…
Why not just allow the Push's velocity sensitive pad's values? I mean, it is the Keyboard module and people are supposed to PLAY it!

One last question, if you don't mind:
What about controlling the tempo from the Push, is that possible in 151? Push's left encoder knob named "Tempo Encoder" would be nice to hook up for tempo tweaking.

Oh, and does the keyboard's (Push's) AfterTouch make it into a Numerology hosted AU Synth? (Push players have both Mono and Poly Aftertouch)
soundcloud.com/pboy

Last edited by Per Boysen; 03-02-2015 at 03:57 PM.