Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : Feature Requests

Old 02-08-2019, 08:41 AM

My feature request is a non-modular standalone version with more than 8 tracks (16 or 32 maybe?) and 16 step buttons/encoders. I currently have a Cirklon, and would sell it in a hot minute for a full size standalone Vector.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Another request: j-trigger options that fires a trigger for each sub sequencer step, and perhaps additional options to fire only on the first or last subsequencer step.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:43 PM

Default Tempo Modulation

I'd love to be able to use Vector as clock master and play the Tempo within a defined range from Mod1/2 or using part velocity
In typical feature request fashion I've thought of a way-overcomplicated implementation for both INT and EXT sync situations

I imagine a new Globals page for tempo modulation, possibly setup where:

...if sync is INT, we have fields for:
[Source] [TmpLow] [TmpHigh] [Int] [Reset]

[Source] lets you choose the modulation input to use, defaults to OFF but could be Mod1, Mod2, or part velocity 1-8 (Vel1, 2...)
[TmpLow/High] are your min/max BPMs
[Int] is a boolean where ON snaps the BPM to integer values
[Reset] lets you choose which input resets the tempo (Reset or JxTrig 1-8)

...if sync is ext, we have fields for:
[Source] [Mode] [xLow] [xHigh] [Grid] [Reset]

[Source] same
[Mode] lets you pic between '/X' and 'Abs'

[xLow/High] changes based on the Mode setting:
- in '/X' mode = xLow/High are the min/max division and multiple
- in 'Abs' xLow/High represent the BPM range relative to the current tempo
For example a setting of xLow -40 and xHigh 60 with a synced tempo of 120 would let you sweep the tempo from 80 to 180

[Grid] is a boolean, behavior changes based on Mode setting:
- in '/X' mode = ON interpolates modulation in typical stepped div/mults, OFF values sweep linearly (off-grid) with the xLow/High as floor and ceiling
- in 'Abs' mode = ON snaps to integer values

[Reset] same

This is only my first thought (sure there are better ways) and I imagine in some cases unipolar to scaled bipolar values might be squirrely but it seems like it'd be a lot of fun and offer some neat performance control
Old 02-10-2019, 12:38 PM

Default swung clock

it would also be great to be able to swing the internal clock and/or the clock output to the rest of the modular!
Old 02-10-2019, 06:27 PM

FEATURE REQUEST**Oscillator Tuner

Global page that outputs a specific note, i.e. voltage, out of all (or selected) outputs.

Vector can drive multiple oscillators at once, but there's no simple way to tune them all. I have been creating a short sequence with the same note but this is time consuming. I'd love to have an orchestral style simultaneous, sustained voltage from all outputs to get tuned up before composing.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:27 PM

My biggest request is voltage controled selection of presets. The playlist functionality is nice but being able to switch presets from other parts of my eurorack system would be fantastic.

I'd also love to see more parameters available for mod inputs, specifically velocity.

Lastly, as someone else mentioned earlier, an arpeggiator for chord parts would be killer and would probably cause me to sell off my instruo harmanoig
Old 02-24-2019, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitualAudio View Post
FEATURE REQUEST**Oscillator Tuner

Global page that outputs a specific note, i.e. voltage, out of all (or selected) outputs.

Vector can drive multiple oscillators at once, but there's no simple way to tune them all. I have been creating a short sequence with the same note but this is time consuming. I'd love to have an orchestral style simultaneous, sustained voltage from all outputs to get tuned up before composing.
Hidden tip that may help for the "1 step sequence" workaround: Nav to the routing pages in Globals, then do "Shift + Push Encoder 9 + Gate". That will set all Pitch CVs to output the sequence from Part1. Use "Shift + Push Encoder 9 + Pitch" to set routings back to their defaults. The downside, of course, is that if your routings are non-standard and you have auto-save on, you can easily erase them -- you have to make sure to power-cycle your system before stopping the sequence to avoid a save. Or, turn off autosave for a bit...

Jim
Old 02-25-2019, 02:42 PM
Numerologist

- A bigger list of modulation targets. Would be nice to Shift L and R with the mod sequencer, for one example. Velocity is another (+1 for previous suggestion)
Old 02-26-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
"Shift + Push Encoder 9 + Gate" = set all Pitch CVs to output the sequence from Part1.
"Shift + Push Encoder 9 + Pitch" to set routings back to their defaults.
Downside = if your routings are non-standard and you have auto-save on, you can easily erase them -- you have to make sure to power-cycle your system before stopping the sequence to avoid a save. Or, turn off autosave for a bit...
This is great for now, thanks for sharing. I just have to be diligent about preventing the auto-save.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:59 PM
Administrator

A couple additions:

- A way to directly set the current sequence step--- which could be tricky to find a button combination for, but it could be a hidden mode on the encoder switches. Or probably better: Cue + White Step Button from any edit mode...

- External trigger for Sub Sequencers.