Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 11-05-2014, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Default Numerology 4 Build 146

A couple important fixes, and an important workaround for 32-bit ReWire...

http://www.five12.com/NumerologyPro-4.0-Build146.dmg
http://www.five12.com/NumerologySE-4.0-Build146.dmg

32-Bit ReWire Driver:
http://www.five12.com/NumerologyRWD32-4.0-Build146.zip
(Download, then copy to /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/ReWire)

Numerology 4 Build 146

ReWire : There is an issue with the 32-bit Numerology 4 ReWire driver and some 32-bit ReWire hosts, specifically Cubase. I am still sorting out the details, but it seems to be related to the tools (Xcode) I use to build the app. I am looking for a workaround, but in the meantime, I have removed the 32-bit N4 ReWire driver from the standard installation. It will still be available
as a separate download.

Stack Library : Has been re-organized into folders and a few new ones have been added.

- Add Module : Fixed a bug introduced in Build 145 that could cause a crash when adding a module.
- ChordSeq : Fixed an issue modulating chord family.
- Grid Mapping / Presets Mode : Now updates properly when moving or deleting a stack.
- SampleKit : Fixed a crash when using RTA on a SampleKit param.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:07 AM

Default Numerology 4 Build 146 -- 32bit ReWire

Thanks, Jim.

No crashing of Cubase with this new ReWire driver. That being said, I think there's some Cubase instability which I'll check with further testing

The audio throughput seems pretty decent although I had some glitching on the initial try. Probably something to do with some Cubase bits-and-pieces hanging around from an initial crash.

Based on my reading of the Cubase Operations Manual, its ReWire2 MIDI support is outbound from Cubase only -- no input mentioned. The example they offer in the manual is using a Cubase MIDI channel to sequence a Reason synth.

This is confusing because the NumerologyRW entries also appear in the Cubase MIDI input drop down menu. But I don't get any joy if I choose either of them as Input to a MIDI or an Instrument track.

IAC seems to work as usual.

More later. Thanks for all the work. ...edN
Old 11-06-2014, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenixon View Post
Based on my reading of the Cubase Operations Manual, its ReWire2 MIDI support is outbound from Cubase only -- no input mentioned. The example they offer in the manual is using a Cubase MIDI channel to sequence a Reason synth.
... that's my understanding as well -- ReWire hosts only support MIDI transmission to the slave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenixon View Post
This is confusing because the NumerologyRW entries also appear in the Cubase MIDI input drop down menu. But I don't get any joy if I choose either of them as Input to a MIDI or an Instrument track.
... that's interesting -- I'll check to see if maybe I can get them to work...

Jim
Old 11-09-2014, 08:30 AM

Hello Jim,
I am at version 145 and if I click on check for update, it says that there is no new update. It this normal. Since there is 146, it should say there is a new one.
?
Thanks
Old 11-09-2014, 11:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Hello Jim,
I am at version 145 and if I click on check for update, it says that there is no new update. It this normal. Since there is 146, it should say there is a new one.
?
Thanks
I should -- I just updated the database, you should see it now...

Cheers,
Jim