Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-08-2015, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
Hey Jim,
when you do get to put out these much needed video's,
could you please also supply a N4 session that can be downloaded?
So we can watch the vid, and have a session to play with/learn from.
Thanks.
Yes, that is the plan!

Jim
Old 09-11-2015, 04:51 AM

Hi Jim and all

In response to this (maybe more a feature request)

Using Numerology as a clip launcher in combination with Logic (e.g., method to essentially re-create an Ableton-like 'session view'

This would be a dream for me and probably many Logic/numerology users.

I prefer Logic but love abletons session view/clip view I wish apple would create one for Logic.

Numerology apart from a host of amazing things ALMOST provides a workaround to this.

For example I insert Numerology as a midi effect and then say Battery 4 drum machine after it create my first pattern, then create another preset/ CLIP in my playlist with a new pattern and so on. i have 6 of these and can click between them playing each pattern quantised to a bar all in time in Logic Brilliant but I can only do it for One instrument I would have to open 8 tracks with numerology on each one before my instruments and have all 8 screens open to play the clips from all the channels which is not ideal at all.

Genome sequencer for ipad uses a clip style view for sequencing but is not great

It would be brilliant, life changing if you could have Numerology open on one channel that sends midi to say 16 different channels , and all the presets/clips are visible on one page to play like in ableton. I think you can have this view in the standalone version in the mixer so adapting that to work when it is used as a plugin would be a game changer.

Many Thanks

Alex
Old 09-11-2015, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxmalloy View Post
A few ideas:

1) A video showing some specific examples of how it can integrate with Logic as a MidiFX AU. Also,

2) Using Numerology as a clip launcher in combination with Logic (e.g., method to essentially re-create an Ableton-like 'session view'. Could be part of a larger ReWire video.

3) Modulation examples where it requires patching CV to MIDI and/or vice versa.

4) Using Numerology in a generative way to create melodic patterns. I think someone put it this way in a Forum post one time: "get it [Numerology] to breathe". This could involve something about different sequences of multiple lengths and how you manage those lengths in a way that keeps everything synced.

5) Explain the concept and usage of NRPN

6) Updated Launchpad video with newer versions of Launchpad. Going back to Logic, with Logic Remote or other iPad apps, is there aren't some interesting things that could be tried there...

7) A video showing the PRO version features that are expanded from or not available in SE.

Okay, that's enough for now...

Hi Jim and all

In response to this (maybe more a feature request)

2. Using Numerology as a clip launcher in combination with Logic (e.g., method to essentially re-create an Ableton-like 'session view'

This would be a dream for me and probably many Logic/numerology users.

I prefer Logic but love abletons session view/clip view I wish apple would create one for Logic.

Numerology apart from a host of amazing things ALMOST provides a workaround to this.

For example I insert Numerology as a midi effect and then say Battery 4 drum machine after it create my first pattern, then create another preset/ CLIP in my playlist with a new pattern and so on. i have 6 of these and can click between them playing each pattern quantised to a bar all in time in Logic Brilliant but I can only do it for One instrument I would have to open 8 tracks with numerology on each one before my instruments and have all 8 screens open to play the clips from all the channels which is not ideal at all.

Genome sequencer for ipad uses a clip style view for sequencing but is not great

It would be brilliant, life changing if you could have Numerology open on one channel that sends midi to say 16 different channels , and all the presets/clips are visible on one page to play like in ableton. I think you can have this view in the standalone version in the mixer so adapting that to work when it is used as a plugin would be a game changer.

Many Thanks

Alex
Old 10-12-2015, 08:01 AM

Default Ratchet sequencing using Gate Divide a la old-school Tangerine Dream

Hi,

A video tutorial on the different ways that ratchet sequencing can be implemented within N4 in the manner of old-school Tangerine Dream. Most notably from the tracks from TD's 'Thief' soundtrack (e.g. 'Burning Bar', 'Diamond Diary').

Thanks.