Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 11-30-2015, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Not necessary, I've done that a few times over here, and will one more time. Also, I have learned that the prefs system in OS X has become rather flaky lately -- you can't just delete prefs files anymore: there's a system service that caches prefs and will re-write them if you aren't careful. Very annoying...

Jim
yep, you need to do everything through the command line 'defaults' utility now.. can be annoying!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupler View Post
yep, you need to do everything through the command line 'defaults' utility now.. can be annoying!
Even that doesn't always work... fortunately a full delete does:

defaults delete com.five12.Numerology4

(if the app is not running...)

Jim
Old 12-05-2015, 04:30 PM

I've installed 162 on top of 160 and when launching N4Pro I had the warning about the serial number not being right. Restarting N4Pro didn't work. I had to manually insert the SN and activate again. Other than that it's all good.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:37 PM

Hi,
seemed to work for me too

just one thing... I think i mentioned this quite some time back...

when using the N4 Push controller setup within Live. N4 does not clear the pads when user mode exits... this means you are left with an 'image' of the last N4 pads colours.
(basically, Live assumes on exiting user mode the pads are all off, so only sends colour changes for those it want turned on)

fortunately, the Push sends sysex messages when it enters and exits user mode, so that the application can 'restore' and 'clear' its state when it enters and exits.

these are:
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 X f7 , where X=1 = user mode, X=0 = live mode

i.e.
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 1 f7 (live -> user)
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 0 f7 (user -> live)

(in reality these sysex messages are a response to live telling the push to switch into this mode, i.e. you will not see them outside of live)

could you possibly consider using these, so that N4Pro cleans up the pads when user mode is exits.
Old 12-05-2015, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerandros View Post
I've installed 162 on top of 160 and when launching N4Pro I had the warning about the serial number not being right. Restarting N4Pro didn't work. I had to manually insert the SN and activate again. Other than that it's all good.
Groovy.... There's one bug I need to fix in the app: if a return character sneaks in at the end, the activation will fail. I should have the fix up in a couple days...

Jim
Old 12-05-2015, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechnobear View Post
just one thing... I think i mentioned this quite some time back...

when using the N4 Push controller setup within Live. N4 does not clear the pads when user mode exits... this means you are left with an 'image' of the last N4 pads colours.
(basically, Live assumes on exiting user mode the pads are all off, so only sends colour changes for those it want turned on)

fortunately, the Push sends sysex messages when it enters and exits user mode, so that the application can 'restore' and 'clear' its state when it enters and exits.

these are:
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 X f7 , where X=1 = user mode, X=0 = live mode

i.e.
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 1 f7 (live -> user)
f0 47 7f 15 62 0 1 0 f7 (user -> live)

(in reality these sysex messages are a response to live telling the push to switch into this mode, i.e. you will not see them outside of live)

could you possibly consider using these, so that N4Pro cleans up the pads when user mode is exits.
Easy enough -- on the list!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-05-2015, 09:03 PM

I get demo in the transport but serial seems to be entered if I click on about numerology.purchase/activation is also ghosted out.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by resist View Post
I get demo in the transport but serial seems to be entered if I click on about numerology.purchase/activation is also ghosted out.
That's a case I see on my box frequently due to testing, but would be odd for you to get it. Anyway, after about 30 sec, the demo screen should come up, enter your SN there.

Jim
Old 12-08-2015, 10:25 AM

There are no categories available to my first stack export of the session, I have to select New then write a new category. (Writing Synths then saving just adds the newly exported stack to my Synths folder)

The categories are available for every subsequent export I've tried so far.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:38 PM

Yup. Here too.

Already reported this:

http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=3154

This little bug is alive since at least version .160.

Best,

tL.