Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 03-25-2018, 12:38 PM

Default Finer note timing resolution

The usual disclaimer is in effect - I used to use Numerology back years ago, and am getting back to it now. I may be missing the obvious....

I'm not quite ready to sell my favorite hardware midi sequencer. Numerology goes beyond it in almost all respects, but there is one remaining feature of the Schrittmacher that I think goes beyond numerology, and I'd miss it too much.

Numerology seems to limit the values to the very basic ones, for example, 8th triplet, 16th, 16th triplet, 32nd, etc.

The Schrittmacher (and from what I remember of the Cirklon, it goes way beyond the Cirklon here also) - allows a much wider range of choices. I find this to be a great feature when using very different values for different tracks, and modulating these values.

For instance, (values are presented in ticks), I can choose 16th notes, which is 24 ticks, then 26, 28, 30, 1/8 triplet, etc. You can also choose, 1,2,3,4, 6, 6, then 1/32 triplets, and as wide as 5888 then 16 beats.

Last edited by droolmaster0; 03-25-2018 at 01:05 PM.
Old 03-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Look at the "Mode" menu, just below "Rate"....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-30-2018, 02:06 PM

Cool. Thanks! yeah - I wasn't quite sure what that was, and so didn't think of it in this context. Will look at it more closely today. I kind of figured that you'd have something like that in Numerology.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:57 PM
Administrator

For per-step speed variation, look at StepLen, particularly when in "Step Len Mode : Integers" for poly-rhythm type stuff. (In the Advanced Settings panel -- click the button lower-left corner of the module..)

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-30-2018, 05:14 PM

Great. thanks.