Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 10-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Default How to sync Reaktor to Numerology ?

Hello all!
I have installed my nice Komplete Ultimate 11 and would like to use some of it with Numerology.
If I open Numerology and Reaktor both in standalone.
I load the ensemble spiral in Reaktor
This way, I have been successfull in having midi from spiral to trig a synth loaded in Numerology. Using the iAc bus. Nice.
But now, I would like to sync spiral with numerology !!!!
I would like spiral to be in perfect sync with my Numerology sequences.
I would like that when I clic on start in Numerology, spiral start and stay in sync.

Thank you

Last edited by Aramis; 10-07-2016 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:28 AM

U can try this macro to get basic transport commands...I didn't make the switch to 11 because I really don't see the point of this update except Reaktor 6...But seems like there are still some really years-old design flaws not adressed...

Are snapshots still the same pain they were or did they make a post Apple][ preset system ?

Hope the macro will help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Midi Clk Ctrl edited v2.zip (8.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-07-2016, 08:04 AM

When you insert the reaktor ensemble in numerology stack, and look at the back( routing), does it have a midi out ?
Old 10-07-2016, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaka View Post
When you insert the reaktor ensemble in numerology stack, and look at the back( routing), does it have a midi out ?
There is none and Jim will solve that very soon
Old 10-07-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsphere View Post
U can try this macro to get basic transport commands...I didn't make the switch to 11 because I really don't see the point of this update except Reaktor 6...But seems like there are still some really years-old design flaws not adressed...

Are snapshots still the same pain they were or did they make a post Apple][ preset system ?

Hope the macro will help.
Hello KaOsphere,
First of all, thank you for the macro. I will get a look at it very soon.
I agree with you that for the money, there is not a lot more in 11.
I had resisted at 10 but from 9 to 11, I was interested with Reaktor 6 and the blocks !!!!
What do you mean with snapshots pain? Unfortunately, I am still a beginner ;-)
Old 10-11-2016, 01:52 AM

Snapshots are (or was) the way reaktor deals (elt) with presets...Very counterintuitive, buggy and confusing to say the least since u can have different level of snapshots for ensembles, modules and stuffs...They hardly recalls properly in every situation. For example I have a N4 project which loads on a snapshot and I need to manually switch it to another and then back on, for it to start making sounds...The others just works as expected...

Any luck with the macro ?

Last edited by KaOsphere; 10-11-2016 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-11-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Snapshots are (or was) the way reaktor deals (ed) with presets...Very counterintuitive, buggy and confusing to say the least since u can have different level of snapshots for ensembles, modules and stuffs...They hardly recalls properly in every situation. For example I have a N4 project which loads on a snapshot and I need to manually switch it to another and then back on, for it to start making sounds...The others just works as expected...

Any luck with the macro ?
Hi KaOsphere,
Until now, I was using Reaktor most of the time in MOTU DigitalPerformer and I had no problem with the presets. Komplete 11 seems a bit different for that.
I will pay attention to the saving steps in the futur
And, I have not tried the macro yet because I found a way to use Spiral connected to internal Reaktor synths for now.
I say for now because I would like to be able to use it with Omnisphere or Zebra preferably ;-)

Thank you
Old 10-11-2016, 09:25 AM

Yes, getting midi routed internally between different Reaktor ensembles is generally not a problem after a bit of research. The macro is to get midi out.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Yes, getting midi routed internally between different Reaktor ensembles is generally not a problem after a bit of research. The macro is to get midi out.
I am sorry if I do not understand completely about the macro ?

I have created an ensemble in Reaktor and established spiral in it.
I have also established the macro with it but I wonder if I need to connect anything now ?
Thank you for your time !
Old 10-11-2016, 01:06 PM

Hey sorry, I just melt the two topics. The macro is for midi sync to an external of course and not midi out... .

If you open it in the schematic/routing panel of reaktor, u'll have a description of its use in the function tab.

Since I'm still using reaktor 5 maybe things can be somewhat different to what I can tell you.