Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 08-14-2013, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientidm View Post
will push work together with a launchpad or multiple launchpads
Yes! -- already tested 4 loads + a push. The main issue is wrangling all the USB cables -- it's actually hard to find the correct type of rt-angle USB cable... *sigh*

Quote:
i need multiple grids
I can relate!

Quote:
having an hsync option on a grid work be great when there are multiple grids
That's on the list. I have a set of grid map additions to make and that is one of them.

Quote:
one of the things i like to do is to record the midi output in live while i casn various parameters in n3
clicking to change hsync, skip notes and pattern length would be really powerful
Yup!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-14-2013, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj View Post
Hi Jim, I've been doing some hacking on Push myself, and in the process I documented some of the colors available. You may find this of use: https://gist.github.com/adamjmurray/...ae1f2ef8c66a19

There's a fairly consistent pattern until value 60, and then it became seemingly chaotic (with random repeat colors, as far as I could tell), so I stopped trying to figure it out after color value 60.

The simplified color list is what I've been using to maintain good contrast for "Push applications": https://gist.github.com/adamjmurray/...930305b315c48a

Best,
Adam
Awesome, thanks! It's very nice to have the stipped down list. I did run a few tests (as you probably did) to print all colors out on 2 8x8 grid 'pages', and yes, it is odd how there is a clear pattern at first, then it gets a bit random. I'm going for a very simple 7 color mapping at first, until I get the code setup to allow custom colors per controller...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-15-2013, 10:52 PM

This is great news. Looking forward to using N4 with Push, Live and Lemur.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:52 PM

need more launch pads now
3 more to be specific
Old 08-17-2013, 09:23 AM

yay! This will be so awesome.

Jim, it might be too late for this version, but in the arrange window in Reason, each pattern bar has a little dropdown which lets you change what pattern that block plays. For me this would be a friendlier way to work with the timeline view rather than have to delete the block and redraw it in as a different preset.

Even without it the timeline recording feature will make the timeline 100X more valuable. Thanks for the energy!
Old 08-18-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlydrybeans View Post
yay! This will be so awesome.

Jim, it might be too late for this version, but in the arrange window in Reason, each pattern bar has a little dropdown which lets you change what pattern that block plays. For me this would be a friendlier way to work with the timeline view rather than have to delete the block and redraw it in as a different preset.
I've put a request for that on the todo list -- dunno for sure if it will make the cut, but it might!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-18-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Yes! -- already tested 4 loads + a push. The main issue is wrangling all the USB cables -- it's actually hard to find the correct type of rt-angle USB cable... *sigh*
How so? Hosa makes a green one where the A type connector can be angled (not sure how that's useful?) and DJ tech tools make some with different angles too. Do you know if either of those have issues?

I wish there were more colored options for USB cables (and MIDI...) in general.

Am I right in guessing you must need a powered hub for 4 launchpads? I wonder if Launchpad S uses more power because it's brighter?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post
How so? Hosa makes a green one where the A type connector can be angled (not sure how that's useful?) and DJ tech tools make some with different angles too. Do you know if either of those have issues?
I got some rt-angle cables from BlackBox, but they are angled the wrong way -- would have the cables headed from the lpad towards the front of the table instead of back. I haven't check out DJ Tech Tools yet -- will give them a look...

Quote:
Am I right in guessing you must need a powered hub for 4 launchpads?
Definitely! (4 lpads, push, minitaur, dsi tetra...)

Quote:
I wonder if Launchpad S uses more power because it's brighter?
Probably not noticeably so -- LED's, esp. green & red ones are very power efficient...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-20-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Am I right in guessing you must need a powered hub for 4 launchpads?
Most definitely. I've run into some problems trying be a wise guy and not use a power usb hub. The worst problem being sketchy MIDI clock...and this was just with one Launchpad, an APC40 and a Unitor MKII.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:48 PM

I can't express in words how happy I am to the change in the installer! Awesome!