Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 10-04-2013, 12:20 PM

Default N4

Having a midi drag 'n drop feature on N4 will change my life.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 AM

Glad to see movement on Numerology 4, Numerology did already change my life!

Wade
Old 10-09-2013, 02:23 PM

Really cool solution!

Hmm...It's got me wondering. You didn't mention "Drag In"...

Do the MIDI clips work internally too? Are they "objects" you can route and interact with? I mean, could I turn off all the processing modules and wire a MIDI clip straight to an instrument? Or use one stack to generate MIDI clips, turn it off and still route the recorded clips?

Do MIDI clips record external input?! Should make for a potentially great MIDI looper then, I think?

I seems like MIDI clips supersede recording on sequencers? (for "normal" uses)

I'm thinking of Logic's environment, where it's useful, if chunkily implemented, at least compared to Numerology to capture MIDI data as discreet chunks for processing.

Or is there something new to drag clips to? I mean, if I have MIDI clip with lots of different CCs, notes, and MIDI channels, you couldn't load it into a sequencer without a lot of data getting discarded, right?
Old 10-11-2013, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post
Really cool solution!

Hmm...It's got me wondering. You didn't mention "Drag In"...
Correct -- that is on hold for a bit. I have a preliminary implementation for importing short MIDI files, and fully expect to finish it, but don't want to hold things up. The import algorithm has to be tweaked for the specific capabilities of each module that will offer that feature (MonoNote, PolyNote, DrumSeq).

Quote:
Do the MIDI clips work internally too? Are they "objects" you can route and interact with? I mean, could I turn off all the processing modules and wire a MIDI clip straight to an instrument? Or use one stack to generate MIDI clips, turn it off and still route the recorded clips?
They are internal objects-- basically sparse lists of MIDI Events that are converted to MIDI Files when you drag them out -- but they are not currently available for anything other than export.

However, you raise some interesting ideas here (and below) --- i.e. treating them as a type of 'preset freeze'…

Quote:
Do MIDI clips record external input?!
Yes -- any MIDI (except SysEx) that goes through the StackOut modules.

Quote:
Should make for a potentially great MIDI looper then, I think?
Well, if I added a MIDI playback function… I'm not sure yet if it would make sense to have MIDI looping on the StackOut, or via a dedicated module, but it is definitely worth thinking about.

Quote:
It seems like MIDI clips supersede recording on sequencers? (for "normal" uses)
Not yet. Recording into the NoteSequencers (that support it) is still the best way to create a sequence 'in realtime' -- especially as it loops seamlessly and you can edit it directly.

Quote:
I'm thinking of Logic's environment, where it's useful, if chunkily implemented, at least compared to Numerology to capture MIDI data as discreet chunks for processing.

Or is there something new to drag clips to? I mean, if I have MIDI clip with lots of different CCs, notes, and MIDI channels, you couldn't load it into a sequencer without a lot of data getting discarded, right?
Correct -- there's no module (yet) that can handle 'freeform' MIDI data. But obviously, the MIDI Clip object is a step in that direction. The main thing for now is to make it easy to build your composition in Numerology, then have an easy way to get those patterns over to another program for further editing and mixdown.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-20-2013, 12:58 AM

Default N4

Exciting times ahead . . .
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
Exciting times ahead . . .
I don't know about anyone else, but my excitement level for N4 has reached a fever pitch. Knowing it's right around the corner is just adding to my prolonged anticipation...it's definitely going to be a game changer in my workflow.

Bring it on Jim!

Cheers,
-S1gns
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I'm just starting to dribble out a few test copies privately -- I'll be adding more users once I confirm things are mostly working. I'm also sorting things to match up bits that I have tested the most (app vs. plugins vs. rewire) w/ what I know of specific user's workflows. Once I've got a dozen or so testers mostly happy, then I'll start opening it up to any current N3 Pro owners, then SE owners and the general public...

And though I always appreciate requests, I've already filled the private tester list...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-21-2013, 05:36 PM

Hi,

I've been thinking about upgrading my SE to N3 pro but is there some reasons to do it or not do it because we're so close to N4? Pricing etc.?

Cheers,
Pekka
Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM

Thumbs up

Credit card, locked and loaded.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Hi,

I've been thinking about upgrading my SE to N3 pro but is there some reasons to do it or not do it because we're so close to N4? Pricing etc.?

Cheers,
Pekka
It is cheaper to upgrade to N4 Pro either now, or during the 'pre-release' --- as then you'll get 1/2 off the upgrade price.

Cheers,
Jim