Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 09-10-2015, 12:51 AM

Default Sequencer dropping out for one bar

OK, this is a weird one and I have yet to find a pattern to it. It is very annoying and with an upcoming gig (day after tomorrow) slightly worrying...

Enough with the wailing; here is the meat:

I have a rather complex project with one arranger stack and nine instrument stacks. The arranger, as per Jims suggestion, consists of nine CV Sequencers that switches presets on all the other stacks. Works like a charm!

My problem is that once in a while, without any apparent method to it, the whole thing resets itself for one bar and then continues. To clarify: what happens is that all instrument stacks jumps to their respective first presets for one bar, exactly, and then returns to the settings as per the current CV Sequencer.

The effect is that, since I have a mute preset as the first on all stacks, the whole setup goes mute for one bar.

I have tried to provoke this and the only thing I can say is that it happens but not when. I have tried both with the release 4.0 version and build 155 of version 4.1 but the problem persists.

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know where I should start to search for what I have done wrong?
Old 09-16-2015, 03:55 PM

Default Still there

I tried this out the other day and let it run without touching it and I had the error occur at two different positions on two consecutive runs. I then played the gig (didn't have much of a choice) and just a few minutes into the song the sequencer went dead for a bar (the earliest so far).

There is definitely not a pattern to this and it feels like a bug, I'm sad to say.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
Anyone seen this before? Anyone know where I should start to search for what I have done wrong?
Email me a copy of the project so I can study the settings, etc. and look for any bugs/conflicts. Unfortunately you caught me right before a big trip and I'll playing catch-up this week on support...

Jim
Old 09-18-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Email me a copy of the project so I can study the settings, etc. and look for any bugs/conflicts.
No worries - we decided to go with it, i.e., we said that since it only does it for a bar and in perfect timing we just let it be a nice/weird embellishment of the tune...

The project is in the mail, BTW. I really appreciate your help and owe you big time.

K
Old 09-18-2015, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
No worries - we decided to go with it, i.e., we said that since it only does it for a bar and in perfect timing we just let it be a nice/weird embellishment of the tune...

The project is in the mail, BTW. I really appreciate your help and owe you big time.
Happy here to help -- I'm checking it out now -- ping me if you don't hear anything back by Tuesday...

Jim
Old 09-20-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I have a rather complex project with one arranger stack and nine instrument stacks. The arranger, as per Jims suggestion, consists of nine CV Sequencers that switches presets on all the other stacks. Works like a charm!
Not to belittle your issue, but could you by chance link to this description? Tried to find it, but couldn't, and sounds like an interesting technique (subject to the issue your having!).

Thanks a lot - and good luck!
Old 09-20-2015, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbzoot View Post
Not to belittle your issue, but could you by chance link to this description? Tried to find it, but couldn't, and sounds like an interesting technique (subject to the issue your having!).
No worries: http://www.five12.com/vbForum/showthread.php?t=3050
Old 09-22-2015, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Thanks!!!!