Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : Feature Requests

Old 04-11-2019, 11:16 AM

How about modulating chord types? I think it can be really useful.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:29 AM

How about custom chord shapes?
I'm not much of a player and don't have all the key/shapes memorized, so being able to just play around on a keyboard and enter the notes I want triggered at each step would make it much more useful for me.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allinaire View Post
My requests (already made to Jim when I signed up just now):
1. Euclidian Rhythms - on gate tracks and on Expander trigger outs if possible.
3. Envelope outs and/or LFOs on the Pitch or Velocity outs - or even the option to swap the gate out for this..?
These would be very useful ...

on Euclidean, would be great to set a trigger output to a Euclidean pattern and then be able to set a second trigger to output the inverse of the first pattern too.

on #3, the simplest (but still useful) approach for an envelope could just be a Decay-only envelope where the numerical parameter for the step is the decay, and attack is always instant. Shapeshifter module has that feature.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:26 AM

A play thru mode where I can use a connected keyboard to route to a synth and play notes without having to be in REC and RUN status. The reason is that if I have external time sync I dont want to be necessarily messing around hitting PLAY on my DAW or whatever just to jam through the Vector routed to a Synth voice.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:44 PM

Hi Jim,
Would it be possible to have the presets in a scene sort alphabetically or numerically rather than by scene# when scrolling through it?

Since you can’t reorder preset slots I end up renaming my presets in the order I want them to appear. (P01-20) But when you scroll presets in a scene, they appear in the order of their preset slot regardless of their name. I really like playing the sequencer live swapping presets for different parts in the same scene, but not being able to organize the list makes it more difficult! A preset mute would also be most welcome. M in the list after the “..”

Last edited by pedalhead; 04-27-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-05-2019, 12:22 PM

An additional option in Auto Load ... No, Yes or Template. Then something to allow you to assign the name of the template project. Or you can just provide a fixed name, like TMPLT99 ... if thereís nothing on the card with that name it would just load an empty project.

Obviously only saves one step of loading the template file yourself ... but Iíve had a few occasions where I started programming for a while before I realized that I forgot to load my template project and had to re-enter all my default routings/setups. Save me from myself!
Old 05-08-2019, 01:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbzoot View Post
An additional option in Auto Load ... No, Yes or Template. Then something to allow you to assign the name of the template project. Or you can just provide a fixed name, like TMPLT99 ... if thereís nothing on the card with that name it would just load an empty project.

Obviously only saves one step of loading the template file yourself ... but Iíve had a few occasions where I started programming for a while before I realized that I forgot to load my template project and had to re-enter all my default routings/setups. Save me from myself!
Yes -- agreed -- templates would be great, several others have requested that option.

Jim
Old 05-08-2019, 01:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalhead View Post
Hi Jim,
Would it be possible to have the presets in a scene sort alphabetically or numerically rather than by scene# when scrolling through it?

Since you canít reorder preset slots I end up renaming my presets in the order I want them to appear. (P01-20) But when you scroll presets in a scene, they appear in the order of their preset slot regardless of their name. I really like playing the sequencer live swapping presets for different parts in the same scene, but not being able to organize the list makes it more difficult! A preset mute would also be most welcome. M in the list after the ď..Ē
Hmm, how about an easy way to copy n paste presets -- even between parts?
(would have to be parts w/ the same 'format')...

Jim
Old 05-08-2019, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.turner View Post
A play thru mode where I can use a connected keyboard to route to a synth and play notes without having to be in REC and RUN status. The reason is that if I have external time sync I dont want to be necessarily messing around hitting PLAY on my DAW or whatever just to jam through the Vector routed to a Synth voice.
Yup, that's on the list -- now that I'm playing out again, it's important to me as well. Both 'master keyboard' stuff (splits, layers) and CV to MIDI stuff. Hopefully also MPE friendly too -- I've been eyeing up the Sensel as a portable controller...

Jim
Old 05-08-2019, 01:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreeves View Post
How about custom chord shapes?
I'm not much of a player and don't have all the key/shapes memorized, so being able to just play around on a keyboard and enter the notes I want triggered at each step would make it much more useful for me.
Yes! (and modulation...)

Jim