Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : Feature Requests

Old 05-11-2019, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Yes! (and modulation...)

Jim
That's gonna be so cool! Can't wait!
Old 05-13-2019, 02:53 PM

Are those master parameter screens from the superbooth 2019 video in this firmware yet or itís coming soon? Itís getting my imagination flowing but wasnít sure if was accessible yet? Looks great
Old 05-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Not in released version yet.
Old 05-14-2019, 08:10 PM

Thanks a lot
Old 05-20-2019, 09:30 AM

A lot of good ideas here!

As others already has asked, it would be really powerfull to have more destinations for internal and external modulations and to have more than one layer for the chance operators.

About chance operators, it would be cool to be able to have some interactions with others parts:
  • to be able to mute an another part the time the current step last
  • to be able to reset an another part
  • to be able to pause and to unpause an another part

Last edited by Robota; 05-20-2019 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:23 PM

I've had the Vector for about 3 weeks now, and it has been fantastic so far! That being said, there's a few features I would really love to see:
  • An option to decouple gate and pitch per sequence. This is my biggest ask as it would allow for additional analogue sequencing tricks that currently require an additional channel with 'dummy' gates.
  • Modulation smoothing. This would be similar to the glide implementation for 'pitch' but would allow sliding behavior between modulated steps for CCs and velocity. For the moment, I'm simply using Pitch outs (or an external slew limiter) to accomplish this, but it feels a bit inelegant.
  • Global swing / groove. This may be a pedestrian request as 'groove' is already really well done and useful, but sometimes just having a simple percentage for overall swing is what you want.
  • Assign MIDI CCs to CV OUTs in Routing.
  • Higher resolution values for Velocity (0-127 as per MIDI). Or even better, in keeping with the spirit of CV, it would be _really_ cool to have values represented as a signed floating point value from -10.0v to 10.0v.
  • A record mode that allows realtime playing of the VKBD. This would mostly be for previewing although it could also fit into the next request:
  • Realtime recording from external MIDI or VKBD. Maybe some very simple quantization options to go with it. This is secondarily useful if you wanted to record the MIDI or CV from a 'THRU' device.
  • Editing shortcuts for sub-sequence values. Specifically shift+knob for increments of 10, knob 9 for all values.

Last edited by bivers; 05-31-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2019, 05:52 AM

After finally getting some time with Vector there are some things that I would like to see in future updates though I think some of them may have been already mentioned but just in case they haven't here goes.

1. More Mod targets for the CV in on Mod1 & Mod2 in particular, Transpose, Octave shift and Velocity scaling.

2. A way to temporarily mute or disable the output of a sub-seq. At the moment if I want to stop a modulation effect from a sub-seq the only way I can see is to remove the param target. However, this has the effect of losing the sequence settings so when you bring back the param target you have to set the sequence up again. A mute or enable/disable per sub-seq would avoid this and be much quicker to use.

3. As was mentioned before when the 9th encoder is used to globally increase/decrease a setting like the velocity or gate length when it reaches zero its reset which is useful in one way. However, if you could do something like holding the shift button down whilst using the 9th encoder or have a switch setting that keeps the original values/offset between them intact when they reach zero as an option then we would have both ways to control the values.

Just something I read in the manual it says that the CV inputs mod1 & 2 have a variety of targets such as gate time, Velocity scaling but as yet there is no Velocity scaling in the target list, which in a way goes back to 1. on my list :-)
Old 06-13-2019, 04:01 PM

Iíd love to see the possibility to transmit program change messages.

Plus....

Iíd love more randomisation options and flexibility. For example more random algorithms would be fantastic, especially ones which target more features (such as the chance settings and glide settings etc etc...)

Thanks for the already excellent sequencer!
Old 07-07-2019, 04:03 AM

Along with Program Change, I'd like to see the ability to send out Aftertouch messages! As I don't think there is a CC for Aftertouch?
Old 08-02-2019, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarRainUK View Post
Along with Program Change, I'd like to see the ability to send out Aftertouch messages! As I don't think there is a CC for Aftertouch?
Nope, it's quite a different beast -- two of them actually. MIDI Aftertouch messages are per-note, and are not frequently supported (but coming back around thanks to MPE). Channel pressure, which is for all notes, is much more common, but is often called aftertouch as well... Adding channel pressure as a 'pseudo' CC would be pretty easy...

For a bit more detail on the two, see: http://www.gweep.net/~prefect/eng/re...pec.html#Press

Jim