Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Not much news yet. The last few months have been pretty nuts, but the good news there is that the Vector is selling well and I'm finally getting the production process smoothed out, which leaves more time for software. Also, I will soon be able to farm out some of the soldering activities, which will really help in terms of giving me time to work on software.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM

Good for you. Glad the Vector is selling well. Looking forward to N5.
Old 05-02-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLaine View Post
Any news about N5? We are soon passing the first quarter of 2019... Could it (release) be on Q2, Q3 or Q4?
Seconding the same question. With the Vector now firmly in production, any mews on V5?

👍
Old 05-08-2019, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamalthus View Post
Seconding the same question. With the Vector now firmly in production, any mews on V5?

👍
(Apologies for the slow reply, still dealing w/ Jet Lag and travel logistics related to Superbooth....)

Nothing concrete yet on the N5 schedule. I'm still moving parts of the production process on the Vector to other folks. The goal is to have a set weekly schedule where some days are just Vector (test, support, firmware updates, suppliers, dealers, etc), and some are just Numerology (dev, support, etc). I'm not there yet, but steadily getting closer. Once I have a regular schedule then I'll have a much better chance of putting out at least somewhat accurate dev estimates.

One thing I can say is that while some features have to be reserved for N5 proper, there are a number of interesting smaller features (and fixes) that will be coming for N4. In particular, some new generator algorithms....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-08-2019, 05:22 AM

really looking forward to N5!

just wondering if any further UI integrations with Push are on the roadmap? seems there has been discussion for 4 years or so about allowing the faderbox modules to be controlled by Push's encoders, which would be a massive step forward in control immediacy.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopoiesis View Post
really looking forward to N5!

just wondering if any further UI integrations with Push are on the roadmap? seems there has been discussion for 4 years or so about allowing the faderbox modules to be controlled by Push's encoders, which would be a massive step forward in control immediacy.
I don't have any plans for further development on the Push. Supporting the display on the Push 2 is far more than I can handle, and without display support, having support for the knobs doesn't make much sense. Keep in mind that you can still manually map the knobs using a "Generic MIDI" controller setup.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 05-17-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

Nothing concrete yet on the N5 schedule....
Cheers,
Jim

a reason to delay N5 for some amount of time...

https://www.midi.org

MIDI 2.0- The Future of MIDI
May 25 at 10 AM

"MIDI Association members will have a chance to meet the team that put the new specification together. The members of the MMA MIDI-CI and Protocol working groups will explain their vision for the future of MIDI.

Panelists:
Amos Gaynes, Andrew Mee, Dave Starkey, Florian Bome, Franz Detro, Mike Kent, Phil Burk, Rick Cohen, Tom White"

I strongly encourage you to follow this closely Jim,

cheers,

Robert
Old 05-26-2019, 10:36 AM

Default recent MIDI 2.0 details

https://www.midi.org/articles-old/de...perty-exchange
Old 06-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfugu View Post
Thanks much for the link -- I've been trying to get concrete info on this for a while....

Jim
Old 09-19-2019, 01:05 PM

i'm stoked for this list of updates/improvements. i'll take multi-threading wherever i can get it! i like the thought of N5 running tighter and smoother. recently i've been jamming w/it again and some midi synths and have no complaints but more/better/faster is always a good thing.

so, how's it going? seems Vector is still on the front burner. i'm glad it's getting a largely positive response in the modular world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

The focus for this release will be in four areas:

- Improving the performance of some internals. This includes multi-threaded rendering, as well as how the UI is updated when changing presets.

- A significant re-organization of the UI for all the Note Sequencer modules (MonoNote, PolyNote, etc). I'll have more news on this in a few days.

- Integration with the Vector Sequencer eurorack module. Primarily, this means being able to load and save project files from the Vector.

- The usual assortment of smaller features and updates -- for example: Tap Tempo. I have a big list of requested features that I'm going through and prioritizing, and of course, I'll be reviewing the Feature Requests section of the forum. In order to keep the dev cycle from dragging out, I'm going to be very selective about which features are in. Now is a good time to drop over to the Feature Requests area add or vote for what you'd like to see most. I'd like to reserve this tread for discussion of what is actually in the new release.

Cheers,
Jim