Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Tips & Tricks

Old 01-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Don't forget to remove the old Numerology Rewire driver from version 2. (There should only be one in the folder according to jim.) I think that is what did the trick for me.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:36 PM

yep, did that

i did have one a crash a little while ago, aside from that though this is MUCH better! Maybe there's a few things lurking still - we'll see if the crash show itself again (hoping not!) though definatly this is far far more stable!

gonna keep working in reaper\numer\rewire for the day and see how it goes.......

g
Old 01-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
i did have one a crash a little while ago, aside from that though this is MUCH better! Maybe there's a few things lurking still - we'll see if the crash show itself again (hoping not!) though definatly this is far far more stable!
Great news -- but do still send me the logs for any crashes...

Thanks,
Jim
Old 01-09-2011, 11:38 AM

anyone able to route midi from N3 into Reaper across the rewire?

can;t seem to get midi out ofN3 into Reaper, on the rewire ports that is (can with IAC no prob)

got it working with live, though in Reaper the only way I can get midi into REaper is through the IAC so far

tx
Old 01-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
anyone able to route midi from N3 into Reaper across the rewire?

can;t seem to get midi out ofN3 into Reaper, on the rewire ports that is (can with IAC no prob)

got it working with live, though in Reaper the only way I can get midi into REaper is through the IAC so far
From what I understand so far, Reaper does not recognize Numerology's virtual ports, so I recommend using an IAC buss -- they basically do the same thing. The ReWire spec does allow a slave app to generate MIDI, but I've never seen a host that supports it, did I miss something?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The ReWire spec does allow a slave app to generate MIDI, but I've never seen a host that supports it, did I miss something?

Cheers,
Jim
Probably not, i just thought since this

was visible in the N3 reaper\rewire panel, that it implied midi was sent across those ports - though knowing now it doesn;t it's all good

at some point I'll bug those guys to hopefully recognize new midi devices, though ya , IAC is working fine.

IAC works fine for AU too in Reaper

tx
Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Probably not, i just thought since this

was visible in the N3 reaper\rewire panel, that it implied midi was sent across those ports
Well, it does imply that Reaper is looking for MIDI from the ReWire device, so I will make a note to see if I can get Numerology to transmit MIDI via that route when running in ReWire mode.

Cheers,
Jim