Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-27-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
It is mostly controller based: start automation recording, tweak some controls, stop recording and the results automatically playback in a loop. It is not meant as a replacement for DAW-style mixdown automation; it's about improvising 'moves' and 'pattern tweaks'... But, it is definitely loads o fun!!
That's a great feature. Initially I just thought of mixdown automation and couldn't really see why I'd personally want to do that within Numerology.

But explained like that... I get it and am looking forward to N4 all the more. Thanks Jim!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:23 AM

Such a promising v4 : can't wait Jim !
Old 06-15-2013, 11:32 AM

Just saw this, nice!

Can we modulate start, pause and delete from within Numerology?
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 AM

Great work Jim, as usual !
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM

Default Jim!

Jim for President!
Old 06-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
Jim for President!
Ha! I gotta ship something first...
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator

A few more updates on RTA (...and this will have to serve as doc for early-adopters...)

- I'm going through and 'locking things down' to make sure RTA (Realtime Automation) is fun, usable, and predictable. Part of this means instituting some limitations-- but given how flexible RTA is to begin with, it is still very easy to get some very cool stuff quickly. The trick is to allow things to get really cool, without letting them getting out of hand...

- RTA will be enabled for hardware (MIDI & OSC) controllers only -- it's just too easy to get into trouble if I enable it on the UI in general -- and pretty hard to get timing right in that case.

- On the Launchpad, I've re-mapped User2 + "vol" (a.k.a. the top-most scene button) to toggle the transport. User2 + "arm" (bottom-most scene button) is mapped to toggle RTA on & off. If you hit it while the transport is stopped, it will start the transport & RTA at the same time, very handy...

- RTA is currently limited to a max length of 64 beats -- it will auto-stop at 64 beats. Again, a case of trying to keep things from getting out of hand. I'll probably extend that limit later on. The highly-useful default will probably be 8 beats -- bar synchronized. Works great for programming small, repeating pattern tweaks on the Launchpad. FYI: I know some of you might like to use this feature for volume automation on tracks, but it really isn't suited to that yet.

- RTA on Generate & Evolve is working, it's pretty nuts...

- RTA 'tracks' are stored with Presets -- for now at least. This means you can have different automations on a param for each Stack Preset. If that becomes too weird, I may tweak things a bit.

- I've updated the RTA report to make the recording/playback mode clearer. It will auto-pop-up when RTA recording is triggered (image below).

Cheers,
Jim
Attached Images
File Type: png Numerology4 ProScreenSnapz042.png (72.1 KB, 123 views)
File Type: png Numerology4 ProScreenSnapz043.png (73.3 KB, 121 views)
File Type: png Numerology4 ProScreenSnapz044.png (70.8 KB, 119 views)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahs View Post
Can we modulate start, pause and delete from within Numerology?
Not currently...

Jim
Old 06-24-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
- On the Launchpad, I've re-mapped User2 + "vol" (a.k.a. the top-most scene button) to toggle the transport. User2 + "arm" (bottom-most scene button) is mapped to toggle RTA on & off. If you hit it while the transport is stopped, it will start the transport & RTA at the same time, very handy...
Awesome. Been getting acquainted with the Launchpad and Numerology for the past week or so. I even printed out the stickers! I assume these stickers (from the sticky in the "controllers" forum") are still relatively up to date?

Quote:
- RTA on Generate & Evolve is working, it's pretty nuts...
Can't wait! This IS going to be nuts. Thanks for the update Jim!

Cheers,
-S1gns
Old 06-25-2013, 12:28 AM

Quote:
- RTA 'tracks' are stored with Presets -- for now at least. This means you can have different automations on a param for each Stack Preset. If that becomes too weird, I may tweak things a bit.

awesome. that's really great Jim. can't wait!