Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 07-16-2013, 12:41 AM

For me, drag n drop would muddy the workflow and doesn't seem to make sense in this environment. I'd rather have right clicks or buttons to perform the same operations. Maybe Jim can find a way to make it work, though.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Drag & Drop is definitely the way to go -- by far it's the fastest way to get MIDI clips from one app (or plugin) to another. I've already got a UI in place for dragging, but the hard part of the implementation is the import/export code. I have 'proof of concept' implementations for import into the PolyNote and DrumSeq. They work OK for simple sequences, but will need more tweaking, especially as each algorithm must be custom-built to match the sequencer module's capabilities. On the output side, I have a simple proof of concept for the MonoNote, a hand-built algorithm, but am currently planning to toss it out and do a generic implementation that should work for all NoteSeqs -- and possibly even entire stacks in the future. (Basically, clone the module offline, render it for a few bars and write the MIDI output). But, both items are on hold until after the N4 beta goes public. As with multi-threaded rendering, they are big items that I'm holding off on so that folks can get their hands on the other stuff...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-17-2013, 08:53 PM

Default dragging and dropping

Jim,
In my case, drag -n drop would clear up and simplify my work-flow. I'm excited that you are working on it and look forward to a version that boasts that feature. Continued thanks for all you do!
Tommy