Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 11-17-2014, 01:22 AM

Default Import midi

Please add this.

It would mean Num could work totally stand alone as I can import played stuff, not have to worry about syncing num)(.

It would be great to be able to route data through existing imported midi data,

So, say I had a chord sequence I had played, Num would constrain midi events to the chord active at the playhead, plus perhaps some user defined (scale) variant - could actually be dcale plus some sort of pitch bend - i.e. you really want it to conform to the notes of the chord while the chord is playing but perhaps be able to use passing tones in between chord hits...

Also, midi import for drums would be welcome, I could just drop a drum sequence in and use that as the rhythmic foundation for a composition, no more trying to get num to work with other software
Old 11-17-2014, 11:40 AM

+1

I have earlier asked for SMF (Standard MIDI File) player module. I think you're asking quite same? It would really be awesome and - like you said - it would make N3 more independent of any DAWs etc. How great it would be to play for example freely played MIDI piano track alongside all those Numerology sequences.

Check this short thread from here:
http://five12.net/showthread.php?t=2476
Old 11-17-2014, 05:59 PM
Administrator

MIDI Import for existing modules is in the plan for 4.1 -- and TWINSTATES, as you mention, will be constrained to the capabilities of the target sequencer module. But, the current plan is to support Mono, Poly & DrumSeqs -- the ChordSeq would be rather tricky...

Also, some option for playing back arbitrary MIDI files -- w/ full accuracy -- are in the plans -- I can't say just yet how the latter is going to look... (iz surprise!)

Cheers,
Jim
Old 11-19-2014, 02:16 PM

Thumbs up

Ohh,

I like the sound of the suprise. Am sure it will be something cool and innovative.

I think where numerology would excel for me for me is working from a base pattern / chord sequence / harmonic progression / melody that I could basically play on a keyboard, record into ableton or whatever then manipulate in numerology. Would be awesome.

the other thing that would be great anout midi import is working with drums - I have loads of midi drum tracks I have created in Maschine - being able to use those as abstract midi to be manipulated would be great but more so as the rhythmic foundations of things. Could probably get rid of ableton then and just use Num and the modular....

Exciting times!
Old 04-18-2015, 06:38 PM

Default Midi import

Yes yes yes!! +1
Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 PM

+10000000!
Old 04-20-2015, 03:36 PM

I for one, would be happy if we could just import single midi melodic lines into the mono note. Even if we are limited to the seq length of notes I could see a number of benefits that excite me.

I imagine poly note imports to be problematic and difficult to implement.
so unlikely to happen in the near future......but I can dream :-)

+1
Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Import for Mono & Polynote is working now, but needs a few tweaks. Was working on import for DrumSeq a bit while waiting for some car repairs to get done. The tricky part there is how to handle note assignment…

More soon!
Jim
Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 AM

This sounds awesome, really looking forward to trying this out