Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 10-18-2015, 02:38 PM

Default Arpeggiator

I can hardly understand how to set the arpeggiator parameters to make it working as a old school arpeggiator.

On my Juno 60 if I play a chord and the add a note or more the notes are added to the already pressed chord.

In Numerology they reset the chord, usually resulting a single note played.

Auto reset is off, so do I miss something or what? It seems that che chord recognition has no latch notes for the already pressed ones... last note priority and continuously adding notes if pressed seems requested here. No key pressed reset the chord, but surely I don't understand how it works.

Thanks in advance, regards, Eriberto
Old 10-19-2015, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Indeed there is no latch function in the MatrixArp, and that module is sorely in need of what I call a "workflow update". But anyway, there is an interesting workaround: If you stick a Keyboard module before the MatrixArp -- and set it to Poly mode, you can use the 'hold' button as a latch -- and then both view and edit the arp from the Keyboard module as well as your actual keyboard.

-- Just be sure to check the Routing page to make sure MIDI is routed properly from the Keyboard module to the Matrix Arp...

Jim
Old 10-19-2015, 10:52 PM

Smile

GREAT!!! Is really a fantastic workaround and I can drive the hold with a pedal!!

Thanks a lot, now I recognize the arp module as I know it!!!
Cheers, Eriberto

Old 05-04-2016, 04:53 PM

Cool

Hi!! Forgive my silly question, but what are the advantages of using either the MatrixSeq or the MatrixArp over the PolyNote Module? I haven't explored much beyond the MonoNote, PolyNote, and DrumSeq modules. Thanks for any words as long as they don't ridicule me into a pool of tears.
Old 05-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Zai View Post
Hi!! Forgive my silly question, but what are the advantages of using either the MatrixSeq or the MatrixArp over the PolyNote Module? I haven't explored much beyond the MonoNote, PolyNote, and DrumSeq modules. Thanks for any words as long as they don't ridicule me into a pool of tears.
So the MatrixArp is just the MatrixSeq with arpeggiation turned on by default. The module is based somewhat on the programmable arpeggiator in the Korg Z1 -- The pattern of notes is fixed, but you determine which notes to play by sending MIDI in.

Hope that helps! And no tears! Ozzy wouldn't like that...

Jim
Old 05-04-2016, 09:54 PM

Thanks for going easy on me. No tears, so far. ;-) Much appreciation for the explaination.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
If you stick a Keyboard module before the MatrixArp -- and set it to Poly mode, you can use the 'hold' button as a latch -- and then both view and edit the arp from the Keyboard module as well as your actual keyboard.

-- Just be sure to check the Routing page to make sure MIDI is routed properly from the Keyboard module to the Matrix Arp...
Wow - thank you, Jim! A mighty power trick, that one. Your post immediately brings to mind a performance technique, with my Push, that I have to check out ASAP.
soundcloud.com/pboy

Tags
arpeggiator, latch