Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 08-17-2018, 03:28 PM

Default Host Automation

Hi,

I use Numerology within Bidule (as an AU and AUMX) and could really benefit from a simple way to expose modulations in Numerology to the host and vice-versa.

My current work-around involves routing CCs in/out of Numerology instances to Blue Cat Remote Control and enabling its Parameter Modulation.
This exposes those CC streams to the host and lets me use them as controls within Bidule's parameter linking system.
I do this extensively to control everything from tempo changes to general param mod stuff - all things Numerology excels at.

What I would like is for those streams to be available as named parameters directly on the Numerology instance.
This could be done with a new node, "Host Port" or something, that functions as a simple gateway.
I imagine something really basic with a name field and I/O ports would do.
With this we could route in to ParamMods, or out from CV/MIDI streams.

I know it's impossible to predefine host automation ports on a program this large.
Instruments like Reaktor and Falcon have a similar problem.
Seems something like this, where we can define our own I/O as we need it, would be a fitting solution for Numerology.

What do you think?

Much obliged,
Nate

Last edited by nreeves; 08-17-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 06:26 PM
Administrator

The nominal plan for v5 is to publish some common parameters (level, pan, common sequencing controls) to the host as named parameters, and a set of general-purpose controls that you would get access to as CVs via a module. -- which all sounds pretty close to what you're looking for. I could possibly also allow some way to name those GP controls....

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-17-2018, 07:12 PM

Awesome, thanks Jim
Naming isn't necessary but with a large number of params it could definitely be helpful
Old 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nreeves View Post
Hi,

I use Numerology within Bidule (as an AU and AUMX) and could really benefit from a simple way to expose modulations in Numerology to the host and vice-versa.

My current work-around involves routing CCs in/out of Numerology instances to Blue Cat Remote Control and enabling its Parameter Modulation.
This exposes those CC streams to the host and lets me use them as controls within Bidule's parameter linking system.
I do this extensively to control everything from tempo changes to general param mod stuff - all things Numerology excels at.

What I would like is for those streams to be available as named parameters directly on the Numerology instance.
This could be done with a new node, "Host Port" or something, that functions as a simple gateway.
I imagine something really basic with a name field and I/O ports would do.
With this we could route in to ParamMods, or out from CV/MIDI streams.

I know it's impossible to predefine host automation ports on a program this large.
Instruments like Reaktor and Falcon have a similar problem.
Seems something like this, where we can define our own I/O as we need it, would be a fitting solution for Numerology.

What do you think?

Much obliged,
Nate
Hi! I was very curious about this Blue Cats Remote Control
So, I have downloaded the demo to see more of it.
Now, I have a wonder or question if you will?
Is it because of the demo version that I do not see the Blue Cats remote control midi out in the numerology routing window ?
Thank you
Old 08-19-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Hi! I was very curious about this Blue Cats Remote Control
So, I have downloaded the demo to see more of it.
Now, I have a wonder or question if you will?
Is it because of the demo version that I do not see the Blue Cats remote control midi out in the numerology routing window ?
Thank you
Oh! I always forget , Au does not support this ;-)

I got it to work in Digital Performer in VST ;-)