Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 PM

Wow, Jim , I have quickly created a TouchOsc template on my iPhone and it works .
Now, I have to think about what I could do with an iPad to control Numerology.

This is awesome !
Old 03-08-2017, 02:30 PM

Default How to find the Performance Controller

I searched for a while after downloading the latest beta, finally found where it is. In case you are still looking, go to Preferences/Controller Setup and then the little wheel and down arrow lower left to setup a new Perf. Controller.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:59 AM

[quote=jim;16013]... some changes not noted earlier: more 'Ops' added...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STACK AND GLOBAL CONTROLS:

You can setup up to 16 Stack-level knobs and buttons that you can assign to parameters on a per-stack basis. These mappings are made using the usual "MIDI learn" approach: control-click on a param, pick "Learn MIDI CC", then twist the knob or press the button you want to map. A big difference from traditional MIDI learn in Numerology is that these "stack level" mappings can change as you navigate through the stacks your project.

For instance, you can assign Knob 1 to sequencer rate for a MonoNote in Stack 1, sequencer rate (or length, or direction etc) for a PolyNote in Stack 2, and so on.

You can also setup another 16 knobs and buttons as "Global". These controls work just like the traditional method: Their mapping stays the same regardless of which stack you are looking. at.

Hi Jim, Let say I have a synth like Omnisphere in a certain stack , are the the 16 stack-level knobs assignable to that omnisphere ?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2017, 10:28 AM

This is great Jim !
Being able to clear a pattern when I didn't play it right the first time, and duplicating with the touch of a button is great.
Doubling, step left/right and nxt/prev stack works fine too.
Now I can do most things, without even looking at the computer or touching a mouse/trackpad.

So far can't get erase working, but that might be because the BCR2000 has an on/off button configuration.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaka View Post
This is great Jim !
Being able to clear a pattern when I didn't play it right the first time, and duplicating with the touch of a button is great.
Doubling, step left/right and nxt/prev stack works fine too.
Now I can do most things, without even looking at the computer or touching a mouse/trackpad.

So far can't get erase working, but that might be because the BCR2000 has an on/off button configuration.
This is on my iPad ;-)

http://five12.net/picture.php?albumid=4&pictureid=5
Old 03-09-2017, 06:07 PM

Had a weird one, where play stopped working.
Could still select stack tabs...but no more transport.
Had to force quit.
Tried to save...gave me the save window, entered a name, but nothing was saved.

All fine now after restart. As long as it goes...
Old 03-09-2017, 06:21 PM

This is a very cool update. Button mapping and assigning seems to work well for me.

I'm running into a few problems which are quite likely my error and trying to figure out the solution. I'm using Numerology AU in Logic 10.3.1 and have a launchpad mini connected and just set up an Arturia Keystep 49 as a Performance Controller.

Have the Keystep selected as both Control and Keys input and have 'none' selected for output on both. When entering keyboard notes in step record mode a keypress will trigger 2 steps at the same note value. If I delete the controller and then create a new Performance Controller I will have the normal single step per key press for a little while and then inevitably will start double triggering steps again. I've finagled a bit with the various input settings in the Performance Controller window but can't seem to make any progress. Any thoughts on to what I should be doing to avoid double steps?

The other separate problem I'm having is with the Launchpad. Any press of a Scene button on the lp and it seems to directly affect the Gate by zeroing it out on whatever particular step the sequencer is on. For example, if I'm in a mononote and I go from the Edit page to Seq Ctl then the gate at that step when I pressed the Scene button will be zeroed. In fact I'm noticing that any press of a button like on the the newly assigned performance controller ST Record and RT Record seem to zero out the gate at that particular step too. Is it a Logic Midi issue I should be addressing or something within Numerology?
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztarman View Post
Have the Keystep selected as both Control and Keys input and have 'none' selected for output on both. When entering keyboard notes in step record mode a keypress will trigger 2 steps at the same note value. If I delete the controller and then create a new Performance Controller I will have the normal single step per key press for a little while and then inevitably will start double triggering steps again. I've finagled a bit with the various input settings in the Performance Controller window but can't seem to make any progress. Any thoughts on to what I should be doing to avoid double steps?
Interesting. Sometimes controllers send note on events w/ zero velocity for note offs -- but I checked and the step rec algorithm watches for that. I'll prep a debug build to send you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztarman View Post
The other separate problem I'm having is with the Launchpad. Any press of a Scene button on the lp and it seems to directly affect the Gate by zeroing it out on whatever particular step the sequencer is on. For example, if I'm in a mononote and I go from the Edit page to Seq Ctl then the gate at that step when I pressed the Scene button will be zeroed. In fact I'm noticing that any press of a button like on the the newly assigned performance controller ST Record and RT Record seem to zero out the gate at that particular step too. Is it a Logic Midi issue I should be addressing or something within Numerology?
I'll check it here. Numerology plugins use a MIDI port for controller inputs that is separate from what Logic does for routing MIDI. --- it sounds like some internal controller confusion...

Jim
Old 03-09-2017, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Hi Jim, Let say I have a synth like Omnisphere in a certain stack , are the the 16 stack-level knobs assignable to that omnisphere ?
Not directly, you'd have to use something like a FaderBox w/ ParamMods -- assign the stack knobs to the FaderBox, then use the ParamMods to target params in Omnisphere.

That reminds me there's a long-standing request to put some param-control knobs directly on the AU modules...

Jim
Old 03-09-2017, 09:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifaka View Post
Yes, that might be an issue. The current setup assumes a 'momentary' behavior for buttons -- CC at max on push down, CC back to zero on up.

Jim