Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 03-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Again, this performance controller is awesome. I was dreaming of building my own controller on my iPad for Numerology and my synths. I am building it with TouchOsc the way I want . It will be much more easy to push on buttons that using the mouse all the time.
I am thrilled and happy
Thanks Jim
Great to hear!

Jim
Old 03-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztarman View Post
I was thinking the same thing. In my quest to get the performance controller to stop double repeating steps I've been trying various combos of controllers/keys but it's laborious to have to delete the controller to just reassign it again if I decide to use it later. It would be great to be able to save user made presets of specific controllers to be recalled and chosen depending on your current configuration.
See my above post about how the settings for controllers are stored....

Also: Email me one of you projects where you are getting repeated steps -- I want to check to see if there is some setting in the note sequencer that may be causing the issue. Also if you have something connected to the MIDI Input for the note sequencer, that might cause issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztarman View Post
Also, my issue with the launchpad spitting out midi on the scene buttons now is making my project too unpredictable. Would I run into any problems if I reinstalled the previous build?
You shouldn't -- FYI: I've found the conflict between the launchpad and the perf controller. A workaround until I have a fix out: set the MIDI channel for your performance controller to something other than 1 -- i.e. the MIDI Channel used by the Launchpad.

Jim
Old 03-26-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Not directly, you'd have to use something like a FaderBox w/ ParamMods -- assign the stack knobs to the FaderBox, then use the ParamMods to target params in Omnisphere.

That reminds me there's a long-standing request to put some param-control knobs directly on the AU modules...

Jim
yes please!!!! that would make Numerology Komplete
Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 AM

Default Anybody else find this build to be crash-prone?

I've had this build crash on me quite a lot. I took a year off from sequencing stuff to focus on my theory and playing, and have been getting back into Numerology this week with this build ... I'm probably six hours deep and have been working with a fairly narrow set of things so I'm not sure if it's related to something specific I'm doing or if the new features (which I haven't tried yet) come with some new instability.
Old 03-30-2017, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5tevens View Post
I've had this build crash on me quite a lot. I took a year off from sequencing stuff to focus on my theory and playing, and have been getting back into Numerology this week with this build ... I'm probably six hours deep and have been working with a fairly narrow set of things so I'm not sure if it's related to something specific I'm doing or if the new features (which I haven't tried yet) come with some new instability.
The crashes that I saw uploaded from your install recently are from a library called CoreAudio Clock -- it's what Numerology currently uses for sync. Let me know what your sync setup is (transmission vs. reception, how many other devices/programs, etc). I've had issues with this library before and it is on my list of things to replace. Rebooting might help, but mostly I want to know details about your sync setup....

Jim
Old 03-30-2017, 10:45 PM

I'm running the stand-alone, no other audio / midi apps aside from the RME settings and TotalMix applications. No sync in, sending to a Prophet 12 and one of the midi ports on a FireFace. The only other device I've had active is a Push 2. My Core Audio Clock Timebase is set to 'Audio Device,' which is a Fireface 800.

I spent a lot of time with Numerology in 2015 and it was pretty solid. The only major change has been an upgrade to Sierra (I got some new hardware devices, but they've been turned off during the crashes.)

I rebooted earlier this evening, have had one crash since then. The crashes seem to happen randomly after making a structural change (cable move or module add.)

Thanks for having a look.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:47 PM

Forgot to mention that I confirmed using Midi Monitor that the only sync happening was exactly what I configured Numerology to send.