Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 03-12-2019, 09:29 PM

Default Velocity Outs - Shift & Twist

On the Global, Tempo, Routing page in the manual it says: "For Velocity outs, Shift & twist to assign it to one of the sub-sequencers of a part." I'm not sure I understand how this works...

p.s.
What an amazing module this thing is!
Old 03-15-2019, 05:13 PM
Administrator

So, when you turn the knob for a Velocity output assignment, it will normally go 'Part 1', 'Part 2', etc -- this sets the Velocity Out CV to a specific Part --- i.e. outputting the Velocity values for that part. So, the 'Vel1' physical CV output, by default, outputs velocity values for Part1, but it could instead output values from any other part. In addition, it can be set to output values from the sub-sequencers for a part *instead* of the velocity values.

... that's where the shift+twist comes in: When you hold down the shift key and turn the knob for a 'Vel' output on the routing page, the Part name will not change, but you will see something like "Part 1 S1", "Part 1 S2" or just "Part 1". This sets what the Velocity CV does for that part. Normally it's just the Velocity values, but if you see "S1" or "S2" that means the output will be the value from one of the sub-sequencers.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-17-2019, 07:54 PM

Gonna write an acid jam on the Vector and call it Shift:Twist I reckon.