Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Composition & Sequencing

Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM

Default Track & hold composition

Hello Numerology community!

Since this isn't about feature request anymore I repost my need for a solution regarding a track & hold/shift register composition... I've been running into some troubles, maybe somebody with more experience can help...

It amazes me how flexible this environment is without any scripting..

The aim is a sequenced 4 channel track & hold switch, compared to sample & hold it passes along the signal on the current channel until another one is selected (in this case sequenced), then it holds (freezes) the channel...

So far:

I have a 1x4 switch (the source stream as input) sequenced from a cv sequencer with range 1-4.. Now I connected every output to a seperate 2x1 twice, once through a s&h/shift register first. So on each one, 1 is pass along and 2 is hold (freeze)..

I would want the four 2x1 switches (and s&h of course) to react to a specific value of the 1-4 seq only... The first switches to 1 when 1-4 seq is 1, otherwise it's always 2; the second to 1 when 1-4 seq is 2, otherwise (1,3 or 4) it's 2 (freezed)..

Now, the ternary conditional doesn't seem to provide this funtionality, there is no "input to be checked", only cv ins which change the rules... That doesn't make any sense to me...

Any ideas? Am i missing something? Mistakes in my thinking? Simpler? Any hint much appreciated!!!!

I hope it's understandable, I'm quite bad at explaining stuff

Thanks for listening!

Best
Lücke

Last edited by Lücke; 03-19-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Default workaround

after a fresh look at my thingie I found out binary op "not equal" does the trick...

still, that conditional module is useless imho, correct me if i'm wrong
Old 03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
Numerologist

Lücke wrote:
Now, the ternary conditional doesn't seem to provide this funtionality, there is no "input to be checked", only cv ins which change the rules... That doesn't make any sense to me...

you are not alone, this is the only module in Numerology that is not used by me because its not to handle nor to understand....
Had a look to some explanations in some wikis but nothing helped....
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Administrator

I'll put an example together... The ternary conditional is a type of 2 to 1 switch, but does not operate quite the same way.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 AM

That would be great thanks Jim! I'm quite curious, is it like a dynamic threshold mechanism?

Nice to know a power user is with me

I'm having lots of fun with my t&h patch since 2 days... I've been using it for holding notes, now trying other stuff.. Still to imagine what I could do with the s&h shift register modules since i'm only using the first output of each atm.. Haven't been that excited with a tool for a long time

Could it be that Numerology is a gateway drug for eurocrack?
I feel like I need some cv oscillators and filters so bad!

If anyone is interested in the stacks, let me know...

Cheers
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Numerologist

Hello,

Lücke wrote:
If anyone is interested in the stacks, let me know...

jue lets you know, so please...

jue
Old 03-22-2012, 10:59 AM

Of course

since I can't upload it here it seems:
http://www.filedropper.com/trackandhold

Doesn't have much content yet... In the first stack on top a mononote which passes gate/intervall seperately through quad t&h then come together to 4 midi outs... I rewired it to live.. Great results with different timbres with not too much of decay..

Below the mod seq controls the switch.. Or if you loop the first step, a faderbox is ready for manual switch too..

Be aware that's my first bigger stack, I used N3 almost only with the launchpad till now... Any comment much appreciated!!!

P.S: Did I miss a setting to control the 1-4 stepped mod seq with the launchpad? It doesn't seem to step like when clicking with the mouse..

Cheers
Lücke

edit: oh and btw I just noticed it's not very clean. unnecessary cv ins, I had problems with the cv in bus 1 only so I left the other one where it already had been...(which already was unneccessary, blabla)

Last edited by Lücke; 03-22-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Tags
condition, track & hold