Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : News

Old 07-17-2019, 01:20 PM

Default VS occasionally locking up with external clock

i'm having some infrequent lock-ups/freezes when clocking the VS from a Rossum Control Forge. I like to do really dynamic tempo shifts and control that externally via the Rossum's Time Scale CV in, which generally tracks well to the VS, but occasionally the VS will lock up when i send a really fast BPM. I'm syncing via Cr/4. If I try to sync via Cr/1--it locks up much more frequently--unusably so. Cr/4 works much better, but I've still gotten a couple of freezes in the past few days. When the VS locks up, I have to power cycle to get it back.

currently using the 1.1.2 beta firmware

jake
Old 07-18-2019, 02:53 PM

Also had a random lockup using external (RC24) clock under 1.1.2.

Nothing weird, just a steady clock, unit stopped sequencing and locked up while playing. Screen and buttons were only partly responsive after it stopped playing... then it all went blank.

(Love the playlist improvements by the way, just awesome!)

John
Old 07-31-2019, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounjaerk View Post
i'm having some infrequent lock-ups/freezes when clocking the VS from a Rossum Control Forge. I like to do really dynamic tempo shifts and control that externally via the Rossum's Time Scale CV in, which generally tracks well to the VS, but occasionally the VS will lock up when i send a really fast BPM. I'm syncing via Cr/4. If I try to sync via Cr/1--it locks up much more frequently--unusably so. Cr/4 works much better, but I've still gotten a couple of freezes in the past few days. When the VS locks up, I have to power cycle to get it back.

currently using the 1.1.2 beta firmware

jake
How fast is really fast? The current limit for the Vector is about 200BPM for external sync.

Tks,
Jim
Old 08-04-2019, 07:10 PM

just getting back to this--well i don't see BPM at the Control Forge, it tracks tempo via numerical values. I can see that the VS is often displaying 200.00 BPM, so I assume I'm sending faster tempo than the VS can track with at times. I get that I'm doing non-standard stuff with clocking, and I'm generally ok with the VS just topping off at 200 BPM, even if i'm sending faster, but the locking up isn't great, and I can get pretty consistent lockups if I send a lot of fast tempo (i.e., the VS is displaying 200 BPM pretty consistently). Had a gig this past week, and all went well, but playing around with FW 1.1.5 today, and if i try, i can lock her up rather quickly.

jake
Old 09-22-2019, 07:21 PM

i have been treating (and clocking) the vector more traditionally lately for some groove-y projects, and just got back to abusing it per my normal operations. just had a long session with 1.2.0 and no more lock-ups! thank you Jim! i am having a freakin ball.
jake