Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 07-29-2018, 09:28 AM

Default MacOsx Mojave is coming soon?

To anybody that knows ;-)
Will there be anything interesting about audio or audio units features like midi out for plugins in Mojave or anything else ?
Always dreaming ;-)
Old 07-29-2018, 03:23 PM

i plan to stay on Sierra for as long as possible. not sure why anyone updates w/in the first year. all it does is break things.

this is the first i've heard of Mojave. will have to google some. but every new version of OS X fills me w/dread.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:32 PM
Administrator

There are not any audio updates that I am aware of yet. I checked the WWDC developer videos but didn't see any related to audio/midi on OS X.

Jim
Old 07-30-2018, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
There are not any audio updates that I am aware of yet. I checked the WWDC developer videos but didn't see any related to audio/midi on OS X.

Jim
Thank you Jim, I was wondering since I saw new stuff in some iOS audio apps.
Old 07-30-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
i plan to stay on Sierra for as long as possible. not sure why anyone updates w/in the first year. all it does is break things.

this is the first i've heard of Mojave. will have to google some. but every new version of OS X fills me w/dread.
Do not worry, I am still on Sierra and I have backups
But, I can boot from 4 drives and very often I do test on the new OSX
Plus, I like to stay tune on new stuff in regard of audio
Old 07-30-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Do not worry, I am still on Sierra and I have backups
But, I can boot from 4 drives and very often I do test on the new OSX
Plus, I like to stay tune on new stuff in regard of audio
sounds good. if you end up testing mojave w/audio software please report back. would love to hear your experiences.
Old 08-16-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post

Jim
I just installed Mojave in my test environment at work. By a coincidence did I have Numerology installed (I was testing how my plugins work in High Sierra in Parallels before updating my music rig) and I used a copy of that installation as base for the Mojave update.

I am happy to announce that Numerology with, in my case, Native Instruments Massive and FM8, works just fine, running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro! I was actually rather impressed by this, as everything is virtualised but still managed to sound good and tight. Credit where credit is due though: the MacBook Pro 2017 is a remarkable machine.

Caveat: I have not done any thorough testing, just kicked the tyres a bit. Still, the main impression was that I am, for the first time, considering upgrading to the latest OS-version instead of playing it safe as I have always done. (If it is not at least one year old, it is not worth bringing on a gig.)
Old 08-18-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
I just installed Mojave in my test environment at work. By a coincidence did I have Numerology installed (I was testing how my plugins work in High Sierra in Parallels before updating my music rig) and I used a copy of that installation as base for the Mojave update.

I am happy to announce that Numerology with, in my case, Native Instruments Massive and FM8, works just fine, running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro! I was actually rather impressed by this, as everything is virtualised but still managed to sound good and tight. Credit where credit is due though: the MacBook Pro 2017 is a remarkable machine.

Caveat: I have not done any thorough testing, just kicked the tyres a bit. Still, the main impression was that I am, for the first time, considering upgrading to the latest OS-version instead of playing it safe as I have always done. (If it is not at least one year old, it is not worth bringing on a gig.)
Hi ! What do you mean by 'in Parallels' ?
Old 08-18-2018, 08:28 AM

Parallels is desktop virtualization software. For example, you can run multiple operating systems on the same piece of hardware, or even run software not originally meant for the physical device. Instead, it runs within the virtual environment* https://www.parallels.com
Old 08-18-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitualAudio View Post
Parallels is desktop virtualization software. For example, you can run multiple operating systems on the same piece of hardware, or even run software not originally meant for the physical device. Instead, it runs within the virtual environment* https://www.parallels.com
Thank you, but I already know that.

What I wonder is ....if he is running Numerology in MacOsx virtualized