Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 PM

Default Plug In Delay Compensation N4SE & Logic

I cannot get Numerology 4 SE to reliably sync to MIDI in Logic Pro X. For example, using Numerology as a MIDIFX, the N4 preset misses the first step on playback no matter how I configure it to trigger.

In MIDI/Sync Project Settings I have the box checked next to Auto Compensate Plug In Latency. If the region loops, sometimes beat 1 plays...but not consistently.

Any ideas?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:07 AM

I've got the same problem with Ableton. When running it as a Midi plugin, or even as a Standalone Re-Wired, midi sync is off. I've tried everything, delay compensation, track delays, etc but it's always out of sync.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittick View Post
I've got the same problem with Ableton. When running it as a Midi plugin, or even as a Standalone Re-Wired, midi sync is off. I've tried everything, delay compensation, track delays, etc but it's always out of sync.
Tell me more about your setup: AU or VST (use the VST), internal or external instruments, etc.

Re: Logic --- I've got a couple other issues to sort out, then Logic sync oddities will be looked at...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-22-2017, 05:46 AM

Actually just figured out what was 'causing' it or at least how to fix it and returned to the Forum to update my findings - so good timing.

I had to select Quantization as None instead of the Default value. That and using MIDI Toggle option to trigger have solved it- at least experimenting with a single track in LPX. Haven't tried anything more complex yet.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 PM

Update: I still have not been able to consistently solve this issue in LPX 10.3.3 and would appreciate some advice.

Numerology 4.2SE run as a MIDIFX plug-in or as an instrument on separate track (using environment to wire) over an IAC Bus still results in the sequence failing to play the first 1/16 note (120 bpm tempo) at the beginning or on reset. The rest of the sequence will typically play in sync and it will loop correctly until it loops to a reset point (Song start, region start). It just consistently misses the first note.

I have checked (and unchecked) the Auto Plug in Delay Compensation in LPX project settings which seems not to make a difference.

Is this something the N4 Pro version "solves" since it has PDC as a feature?

Last edited by zaxmalloy; 01-12-2018 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:17 AM

I have N4 Pro, and experiencing the same issues (with Cubase).

Exactly as you describe in your OP.

No fix as yet.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:01 PM

I think I've got the issue sorted in Logic to a degree but there is a side-effect that maybe someone else can help me with - so after I explain the approach I used, I'll explain it and maybe someone can advise.

First of course, create a track in Logic and add N4 as a MidiFx. Then follow steps illustrated below.

Now here's my question. This works great to change/trigger the preset on the beat, every time. Using that Mute region seems to wake up Numerology for whatever reason.

However, when I use my MIDI keyboard on the same track, depressing a note triggers whatever the last preset played was no matter which key I depress. In other words the preset does not change to the one that should be triggered from the key depressed.

Any idea why it would trigger correctly from the region, but not from the keyboard? Not sure what musical reason I would have to do that, but it seems pretty odd...

Last edited by zaxmalloy; 05-12-2018 at 03:08 PM.