Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Techniques > Integration

Old 06-14-2015, 07:27 AM

Default hosting Silent Way vsts in N4 standalone mode?

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has had success hosting Silent Way plug ins in Numerology 4 (pro) in standalone mode? Specifically I'd like to use the 8CV combiner that routes cv to an es-40 / esx-8cv combo in my modular. But other SW plugins hosted in there would probably be interesting as well.

So, I can get everything to work fine hosting both numerology and silent way as vsts in Ableton. However, for the sake of simplifying workflow in a live set, I would love to omit, ironically as it might sound, Live. Also, I think there would be a lot of interesting potential for Silent Way parameter modulation if hosted in Numerology.

When I've tried this, unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. The ESX-8CV outputs voltages, but not as it should. It just kind of goes a bit crazy. I can provide more detail or even video if necessary. But first I wanted to check if this is at all doable or if I'm just wasting my time trying to use things in a way that they are not meant to be used.

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlk View Post
Hi
I'm wondering if anyone has had success hosting Silent Way plug ins in Numerology 4 (pro) in standalone mode? Specifically I'd like to use the 8CV combiner that routes cv to an es-40 / esx-8cv combo in my modular. But other SW plugins hosted in there would probably be interesting as well.
Yes -- I have been using SW for years -- however, I mostly just use the voice controller, I haven't used the 8CV yet...

Quote:
So, I can get everything to work fine hosting both numerology and silent way as vsts in Ableton. However, for the sake of simplifying workflow in a live set, I would love to omit, ironically as it might sound, Live. Also, I think there would be a lot of interesting potential for Silent Way parameter modulation if hosted in Numerology.
Indeed! Also, keep in mind that for raw CV output, you can use the "CV To Audio" plugin in N4 Pro to directly output CVs...

Quote:
When I've tried this, unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. The ESX-8CV outputs voltages, but not as it should. It just kind of goes a bit crazy. I can provide more detail or even video if necessary. But first I wanted to check if this is at all doable or if I'm just wasting my time trying to use things in a way that they are not meant to be used.
I'm going to be traveling quite a bit the next couple weeks, and will not have access to my system, but send me both a project and a video -- email is usually easier for me on the support front: jim (at) five12 [dot] com.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-26-2017, 05:32 AM

Any success?