Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : News

Old 06-05-2019, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshillito View Post
Just updated to 1.016 & maybe i'm missing something here but i cant get the transpose to work in the Rec page. I've tried all the inputs, USB and Midi via the Expander + Vkeyboard and nothing happens.
I have a seq running on part1 and I have a keystep plugged in on the USBA or Ext midi which is recognised and works in the Step recording and Thru just fine but Trans does nothing.
Confirmed and fixed for next FW-- was related to a change I made for the Dashboard. I'll also be on the lookout for anything that could cause a lockup on the Rec page.

Jim
Old 06-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Another one to add to the list is stuck notes in chord mode going out thru, Midi 1, midi 2, USB-A and Midi on Expander. Tried it with VST's in Ableton and my Waldorf Quantum using DIN midi with the same problems on both. The problem shows up almost immediately and every time chords are used.
I ran some tests over USB B and DIN MIDI to the Peak, no issues yet, but I'll keep looking. One thing I want to change for sure: The Vector currently sends out 4 notes for all chords always, which is very useful for modular tricks, but really it shouldn't for MIDI. I'll put that change in the next FW.

Jim
Old 06-06-2019, 07:59 AM

Thanks, Jim, that might explain the stuck midi notes if it's intended for modular use but i think that most people would also think that should be able to drive desktop or VST. The effect I have is very pronounced and occurs within a few notes on and I far as i can see maybe the timing of the note off being too soon to be picked up or missing.

The lockups seem to be a bit more hit and miss, the "shift gen" lock up in the pitch page works sometimes and not on others. Removing the "ext clock in" whilst the sequence was running caused to do the same and on every occasion, i tried it.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thanks, Jim, that might explain the stuck midi notes if it's intended for modular use but i think that most people would also think that should be able to drive desktop or VST. The effect I have is very pronounced and occurs within a few notes on and I far as i can see maybe the timing of the note off being too soon to be picked up or missing.
Yes, I think that's completely likely -- and I completely agree, it should work for MIDI as well as modular equally well.

Quote:
The lockups seem to be a bit more hit and miss, the "shift gen" lock up in the pitch page works sometimes and not on others. Removing the "ext clock in" whilst the sequence was running caused to do the same and on every occasion, i tried it.
Ok, I'll check that specifically.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 06-09-2019, 09:43 AM

Lots of stuck notes (stuck gates, not midi) when muting during performance from the part overview page yesterday. Shouldn't gates go low when mute is engaged? Seems to just hold in the last position when I press mute.

John
Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdoors View Post
Lots of stuck notes (stuck gates, not midi) when muting during performance from the part overview page yesterday. Shouldn't gates go low when mute is engaged? Seems to just hold in the last position when I press mute.
This is already on my fix list for next week -- I ran into the same issue just recently.

Jim