Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 02-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Default Vector crashes

I got my Vector today and it's a lot of fun. ran into two crashes (as well as the known gate bugs) while putting it thru it's paces today:

1) "POSTROLL queue errP" message in both screens. i believe this was while i was playing w/ some midi going to a korg monologue.
2) "FHIncrementParam_Invalid." Not sure what I did to cause this one, but i had to reboot the Vector to get it back into a running state.

I also noticed a lot of instances where the gate outputs would stop working until i restarted the transport (clock/run/reset). if it's helpful info, i'm 100% using it when externally slaved from the run/clock/reset inputs.

edit one more yesterday:
3) "SCH_Error" was the error message. At this point, the Vector was running for a minute then locked up while I was playing another synth. Still a great session! Love the Vector.

Last edited by nickb808; 02-09-2019 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb808 View Post
I got my Vector today and it's a lot of fun. ran into two crashes (as well as the known gate bugs) while putting it thru it's paces today:

1) "POSTROLL queue errP" message in both screens. i believe this was while i was playing w/ some midi going to a korg monologue.
That can happen on stop w/ external sync, though it should be rare. I should have that sorted in the next week or two. It's not a 'blocking' error, so shouldn't affect behavior otherwise.

Quote:
2) "FHIncrementParam_Invalid." Not sure what I did to cause this one, but i had to reboot the Vector to get it back into a running state.
Interesting -- I think someone got that to happen w/ a Preset change, I'll look into it in the next couple days.

Quote:
I also noticed a lot of instances where the gate outputs would stop working until i restarted the transport (clock/run/reset). if it's helpful info, i'm 100% using it when externally slaved from the run/clock/reset inputs.
This is an error in the legato note tracking algorithm, I'll be tweaking it shortly.

Quote:
edit one more yesterday:
3) "SCH_Error" was the error message. At this point, the Vector was running for a minute then locked up while I was playing another synth. Still a great session! Love the Vector.
Question: Were you using a MIDI keyboard connected to the Vector?

Thanks!
Jim
Old 02-13-2019, 04:53 PM

thanks Jim! yes, i was sequencing a midi synth when that SCH_Error occurred.