Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 03-09-2019, 08:33 PM

In STEP RECORD mode using either native keys or external via USB or MIDI, a button to press to insert a rest rather than dialing a step forwards. Hitting keys and then a rest to punctuate in the old SH101 style is more intuitive to me.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:45 PM

In STEP RECORD mode, a way to navigate through the notes to select which one to start recording from.

+1 for the possibility to insert a rest also...
Old 03-15-2019, 06:33 PM

Absolutely love this sequencer! Here are some of my feature requests:

Copy between parts. I would like to run the same exact sequence on multiple parts at different rates. It takes a while to set up manually with all the options..

I would like to see the chance opps pages re arranged as others have requested.

Sequence length as a target in one of the internal sub sequencers would be really cool.

Transpose destination from CV input as others have requested.

Real time updating of sequence start position and sequence length values on the sequence control page. This is important for monitoring effects of external modulation.

A range option for generated sequences. This is another big one. Currently, generated sequences have a very wide octave range, would be nice to have some control over that.

Might sound crazy, but would be nice to be able to use a part to sequence presets/scenes of the other parts. I don’t know how feasible this is tho.

Finally, more algorithm generator presets please! Drum patterns, bass lines, etc.

Thanks for listening!
Old 03-15-2019, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelag View Post
In STEP RECORD mode, a way to navigate through the notes to select which one to start recording from.
Use Encoder 9 to move the 'cursor' -- works both forwards and backwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelag View Post
+1 for the possibility to insert a rest also...
I am looking into options for that now...

FYI: The Rec page currently only shows up to 16 steps, I'm working on an update that will allow you to page through up to 64 steps for longer sequences.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-17-2019, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Another suggestion that has popped up in discussions:

An 'Edit Buffer' approach to handling presets. So, instead of automatically saving all edits immediately to a preset, you have to initiate the save. On-the-fly edits are done in an edit buffer. This would also open up a trick I've been mulling over, which I call 'Cue Edit' : you make a bunch of edits to a preset, but the system only plays the saved one, then you can trigger the new changes to occur on a new bar.

I have to check w/ the memory usage, but all this might mean loosing a preset, but most folks seem OK with that.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 03-18-2019, 08:28 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just got mine last week and have had a few plays. I LOVE it. It's already super fun for performance with the mutes, skip steps, probability, and 9th encoder.

But of course I'm immediately trying to do things that are not (yet?) possible.

First, i want to be able to do fills in real time.

Jim and I talked a little about the edit buffer over email, here's how I think about it:

It's a favourite performance trick I learned on Elektron boxes, which is more or less like playing fill that punctuate an otherwise steady baseline. I think this is possible in Numerology as well.

Step 1: establish a basic sequence, and save it.
Step 2: twist a bunch of knobs to make everything go bananas
Step 3: reload preset to go back to “basic” sequence in time with the music

In practice this sounds great and is a lot of fun. Right now you can do it by copying presets, but the preset bank fills up FAST this way.

Relatedly, the 9th encoder keeps relative values (for instance, different velocities) until you go down to zero and then it resets. It would be great to be able to defeat this behaviour, so that you can go down to zero and then back up and maintain the ratios that were set earlier on. Again, for fills.

I'd love to be able to change key temporarily rather than in record mode (or maybe I don't understand record mode yet). Again, thinking musically in terms of variation and returning "home." Again: fills.

----

The second thing I want is a bit more flexibility in output assignments.

I've already assigned the modseq outputs to velocity for more resolution to use as a control CV, but you only get 8 steps there. With notes you probably get
enough resolution to use that as a control CV instead (just represented in notes).

In the meantime, I've just got a Mutable Instruments Frames next to my Vector Sequencer, which lets me send 4 CVs per "step" or preset.

Here are a few other things I know I'd love to have right away:

--A basic drumseq option to use the trigger outputs on the expander independently of pitch. Just looking at the unit one can imagine it being used that way.

--A way to separate pitch and gate for sequences, so that pitch and velocity changes (or whatever I've got coming out of that output) can be heard without a fresh gate.

I know this is a lot and presumably Jim already has a development plan, but a boy can dream.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:27 AM

So many great ideas here!
+1 almost everywhere!

I'd like to add:
- Swapping Parts (of the same kind)
- Folders and basic sorting for projects (without computer)
- Lowest/Highest note limiter when generating
- Ability to start/stop individual parts at any point of the bar/beat grid while Vector playing
Old 03-18-2019, 12:00 PM

One other thing I'd love: tap tempo.
Old Yesterday, 05:12 PM

I think there is no Euclidean function in Vector yet? Could not find the term in the manual.

I would love a euclidean kind of trigger function to set high hat patterns or other note pulses and so on.

Euclidean placement of trigs with a random ratchet capability would be very cool
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM

Auto scroll of pages of parts

Eg I have a 24 step sequence

The page and scrolling LEDS should have option to follow the active step