Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > File Exchange > Projects

Old 12-24-2008, 05:03 PM

Default a project... take a peek

I made this project while learning from you all on the forums and trying to implement some of the ideas/concepts that have been put out there. I'm not exactly feeling the music that it makes but making it has really opened my eyes to the possibilities with Numerology. Let me know what you think of it... possibly post any modifications or extensions of it back in this thread?

My goal is to create projects that evolve and change a lot with the change of very few sliders... essentially using Numerology as a springboard for musical ideas.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vanilla.zip (49.7 KB, 36 views)
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 PM

Default fixed

had to make a few slight changes something was funky in there... not sure what... hard synced the lfos on the drums so it doesn't go too astray
Attached Files
File Type: zip vanilla.zip (50.1 KB, 30 views)
Old 12-25-2008, 02:20 AM
Numerologist

Default Missing samples in Drum Kit?

Hello,

think you forget about the samples in the Drum Kit.
Please be shure to check the:
° Save Audio Samples into Media Folder° flag
when you save/save as your project.

Nice work to listen to!

best
jue
Old 12-25-2008, 05:35 PM

alright heres the project with the drum samples... I'm looking to expand on the variance in the rhythym somehow... want the beats to make sense but be more generative... anybody have any ideas how to make that happen?
Attached Files
File Type: zip vanilla.zip (105.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 12-26-2008, 02:34 AM
Numerologist

Default added generaded drums

Hello,
here is your vanilla again with some generaded drums from me in the last stack. Just muted your drums but left them intakt.

best
jue
Attached Files
File Type: zip vanilla added drums by jue.zip (121.1 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by jue; 12-26-2008 at 02:35 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-26-2008, 07:57 AM

Thanks Jue! Those drums sound really nice over the track... I'm going to inspect how they work closer a little later. Thanks for the help!

Now heres an idea that I'm trying to figure out how to make it happen... follow actions after certain events take place like say X happens and then it triggers say a sequencer 1 shot or something.... any ideas? maybe we can work and evolve this project as a learning experience...

thanks again you've been an incredible help!
Old 12-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamburglar View Post
alright heres the project with the drum samples... I'm looking to expand on the variance in the rhythym somehow... want the beats to make sense but be more generative... anybody have any ideas how to make that happen?
That should be easy : Use a ModulationSeq to modulate the "ClockDiv" (i.e. rate) of any of the DrumSeqs. Keep the programmed variations small, say mostly normal speed, but with a few half and double speed steps. To keep it 'generative', either set the ModSeq length to something odd, or just set it to 'random' step mode....

This is a very nice track, btw, is it OK if I post an audio clip of it on five12.com?

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Administrator

BTW: sometimes when stopping this example, the drums will be caught in a 'stutter loop'. That is due to a small bug in the DrumSeq module -- the output of the GateSeq port isn't 'cleared' when the transport stops. I'm fixing that now, will be out w/ 2.0.1 beta, in a day or two...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 12-27-2008, 05:54 PM

yeah thats fine if you want to post a clip of it...
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 AM

Default latest version

Alright heres the latest version of this project... I'm having fun playing around with it... thanks for those drums Jue... I'm still not exactly understanding how they are generative as opposed to multiple time signatures revolving around each other... maybe you can further explain the stack... anyways I played around with it a little more... the presets in the melody stack dramatically change the whole thing... its interesting working with just the apple dls sounds... never knew they could sound so full! I'm working with Zebra and Circle but the dls makes a pretty good placeholder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vanilla2.zip (117.3 KB, 48 views)