Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Third Party > Controllers

Old 12-08-2010, 11:35 AM

Default Anyone using a CME/WaveIdeas Bitstream?

I'm curious to know how this high powered midi controller can be used in conjunction with Numerology. Thinking about pairing one with a Launchpad if there aren't too many redundancies. My interest in the Bitstream is primarily to control softsynths, but if you have a Bitstream and use it to control Numerology itself, what settings do you use it to control? It's obviously a powerful mixer controller, but what about sequence tweaking?

Best.
-j
Old 12-08-2010, 01:30 PM
Numerologist

Hello,

please be careful, tried one a few weeks ago with a lot of problems.
Wanted also to use it for Numerology and plugins but the whole thing was not stable. Had several complete crashes and all the time problems with the MIDI connections. Some time it worked some not, so I had to give it back.

best
jue

PS: in the moment I am thinking about a APC40 and a APC20 but could not get one to test because they were always sold out.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:16 PM

Hi Jue.
Thanks for the input.
I've been reading the forums @ Wavestream and aside from some problems with firmware version 1.5 I haven't seen much mention of crashing. Do you happen to know what firmware this unit was using?

I think if this was only supported by CME I wouldn't be considering it, but from my vantage point it seems Wavestream is fairly on top of customer problems.

Regardless though, I'll take your warning seriously. There just isn't that much out there that offers joystick controls merged with so many other physical controls. I'm tempted but not converted yet.

Cheers.
-j
Old 01-05-2011, 01:09 PM

I am actually using it with some kind of success.
I use only CC to control numerology but I request to have numerology some sort of recap on what's config on what's CC because it is a nightmare to remember.

Now talking about the 3X it is the only one capable to send sysex longer enough to control my Korg M3 as you can go up 20 bytes where all other are maximum 12 bytes.
I use the Bitstream to control the Korg M3 Exb-Radias, Numerology, Reaper audio recording and Reaper Midi recording.
This is only 4 setup over 21 possible.
And last but not least I use it to synchronize all that stuff.
For this point I may return to the Korg mastering the sync as the tempo setting with the bitsream required two hands.

Tags
bitstream, controllers