Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Numerology 3 News

Old 08-06-2010, 10:37 AM

Default Custom Scales in v3

I'm tinkering with the Custom Scale module, and can see how I can create single octave scales, (as well as dual scales with ascending/descending variations). It looks like this custom scale won't appear in the preset scale list, but rather must always be loaded in this module. Is that right?

Also (and pardon if this is a "stupid" question) but is there a way to define chords; as in "Custom Chords" for the Chord Sequencer?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbsonic View Post
I'm tinkering with the Custom Scale module, and can see how I can create single octave scales, (as well as dual scales with ascending/descending variations). It looks like this custom scale won't appear in the preset scale list, but rather must always be loaded in this module. Is that right?
For now, yes. The goal is to have all sequencers see the custom scales as well.

Quote:
Also (and pardon if this is a "stupid" question) but is there a way to define chords; as in "Custom Chords" for the Chord Sequencer?
There are no stupid questions! Unfortunately, no custom chords yet -- that's also on my list, but I don't know yet if it will be in the final 3.0 release, or some release after that.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 08-06-2010, 04:16 PM

I wonder if I might be able to use the custom scale function as a work-around for chords-- i.e., define some custom "scales" (that are actually chords), then use some controller to switch scales as if they were chords. Does that seem plausible?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I wonder if I might be able to use the custom scale function as a work-around for chords-- i.e., define some custom "scales" (that are actually chords), then use some controller to switch scales as if they were chords. Does that seem plausible?
Yup -- though it could be a bit tricky to setup -- you'd need to put the CustomScale in it's own stack. Another trick is to program chords into the PolyNote, one per stack preset, then use MIDI notes to switch presets. In that case, you could also use some MIDI notes to transpose the chords.

The best option though, is to wait a week or so until I put the new AU stuff into beta, then ping me again on the custom scale option...

Cheers,
Jim