Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 10-12-2016, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsphere View Post
N4 does not see vst so u probably loaded the au version, so no midi out...
Prior to do the test, I had de-installed the audioUnit plugins in the preference and restarted Numerology.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaOsphere View Post
This leads to one big question : except because of cultural and historical reasons, why not supporting vst ?
Ever since Apple bought Logic and had it drop support for VSTs, it has been pretty much a requirement that every plugin on the Mac support at least AU and VST. -- so in general there is no benefit, just extra work for me.

For using Reaktor patches w/ MIDI output you can:
- Run it standalone (or in another host) w/ MIDI Sync
- Run it in a VST host w/ Numerology in ReWire mode or as a VST.

I'm pretty sure you can modify any Reaktor ensemble to include one of the many, many synths that are built in reaktor, yes?

Also: if there's some sort of "MIDI Out" module in Reaktor, you can easily setup an IAC buss for it ...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
-- so in general there is no benefit, just extra work for me.
I can understand the extra work, and the fact that external sequencers are not something to priorize when you already wrote one of the best sequencer ever made.
Talking about benefit, the insane amount of ( absolutely brillant/free/indie) vst out there and the possibility to run PC vst on Mac is something I would not ditch so easily.( Thinking about tonecarver or Xoxo's for exemple ).

That being said, since I've never encountered a setup I cannot emulate/replicate with numerology, take all of my posts on the matter as pure rhetorical bs...
Old 10-13-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Ever since Apple bought Logic and had it drop support for VSTs, it has been pretty much a requirement that every plugin on the Mac support at least AU and VST. -- so in general there is no benefit, just extra work for me.

I'm pretty sure you can modify any Reaktor ensemble to include one of the many, many synths that are built in reaktor, yes?

Also: if there's some sort of "MIDI Out" module in Reaktor, you can easily setup an IAC buss for it ...

Cheers,
Jim

I will get a look at Ableton .........
Old 01-09-2018, 03:12 AM

Hi all, as a complete newbie in this field, I am a new user of Numerology, still more playing around than playing music

I am using a Novation Launchkey and Launchpad, and to be able to use the different keys of the Launchkey to control several instruments and effects I looked for a midi filtering/rerouting plugin to divide the control for multiple components on multiple stacks. I looked at one called Midi Polysher but it was only available as a VST so it didn't show up in Numerology at all. I then used Numerology's own midi filters, and am now successfully driving a synth with the keyboard and launching effects with the pads.

Then i started looking in arpeggiating/midi transposed sequencing, I am currently learning the MatrixArp of Numerology - while at it I tried also looking at some plugins as the free old Kirnu arpeggiator, but it does not show the Midi Out for routing so I guess I cannot control anything with it.

Therefore I assume that current version of Numerology does not support the Midi Out for the components, and all midi processing should be done with the Numerology's internal components? Or should there be Midi Out available if the AU component correctly implements it, this thread has me a bit confused?

I am thinking it could offer some extensions to preprocessing the inputs for sequencers/synths and more complex routing of different sections of controller to different tools in Numerology, but could also be that all that I'll ever come up with can be done inside Numerology itself
Old 01-09-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th View Post
Hi all, as a complete newbie in this field, I am a new user of Numerology, still more playing around than playing music

I am using a Novation Launchkey and Launchpad, and to be able to use the different keys of the Launchkey to control several instruments and effects I looked for a midi filtering/rerouting plugin to divide the control for multiple components on multiple stacks. I looked at one called Midi Polysher but it was only available as a VST so it didn't show up in Numerology at all. I then used Numerology's own midi filters, and am now successfully driving a synth with the keyboard and launching effects with the pads.

Then i started looking in arpeggiating/midi transposed sequencing, I am currently learning the MatrixArp of Numerology - while at it I tried also looking at some plugins as the free old Kirnu arpeggiator, but it does not show the Midi Out for routing so I guess I cannot control anything with it.

Therefore I assume that current version of Numerology does not support the Midi Out for the components, and all midi processing should be done with the Numerology's internal components? Or should there be Midi Out available if the AU component correctly implements it, this thread has me a bit confused?

I am thinking it could offer some extensions to preprocessing the inputs for sequencers/synths and more complex routing of different sections of controller to different tools in Numerology, but could also be that all that I'll ever come up with can be done inside Numerology itself
Welcome in Numerology world ,

I have installed Cream and tried it in Numerology and found that the name 'From Cream 1' do exist in the stack midi input of numerology. So, I have routed ' From cream 1 ' to my preferred synth and I was able to use Cream this way.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:48 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Cheers,
Jim
And now with the latest update from NI, you can simply run Reaktor6 as an AU MIDIFX, works great:
http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/01/...rovements.html
Old 01-09-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramis View Post
Welcome in Numerology world ,

I have installed Cream and tried it in Numerology and found that the name 'From Cream 1' do exist in the stack midi input of numerology. So, I have routed ' From cream 1 ' to my preferred synth and I was able to use Cream this way.
Thanks! Old Kirnu also seems to work this way, and was listed in midi input buses. Then I also learned how to work with the IAC Driver and got one other plugin configured via that, so all surely looks great now!

Tags
reaktor