Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 01-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by edemunari View Post
Hi Jim
strange behavior here with my Novation Launch Pad S, every time i push a pad it is update only at the next cycle of the sequence. It immediately lightfoot but the light on papers only at the next cycle when the sequence pass there again.

It happens on every page and it make the launchpad almost unusable... installed build 163 but it happens also with a couple of version before...

Mac Os X Yosemite no Novation Automap installed...

Any help appreciate, cheers, Eriberto
Probably best to email me a copy of your project -- That way I can compare apples to apples -- and don't have to ask a bunch of questions about which module, settings, etc.. With simple projects I don't see the issue over here, so I suspect it is an issue triggered by something in your project.

Jim
Old 01-07-2016, 02:36 AM

Well, not so much to say, no project here simply start a Mononote sequencer and try to play it with LaunchPad S. See this video.

https://youtu.be/9lvpob4oD6Q

Thanks in advance, Eriberto
Old 01-08-2016, 09:53 AM

When using sequencers for modulation I'm noticing that sometimes the modulation is a bit sloppy.

In the example pictured below the Rate modulation is erratic and every few cycles it will either hold for an extra beat or two or miss the modulation altogether.

I use things like this for percussive sounds

Old 01-09-2016, 05:11 AM

Hi Jim, got it!!!
Un-connect my Launch pad, remove the driver from midi/audio setup, reconnect the launchpad, wait the driver reappears in the audio/midi setup solved the problem...

thanks anyway, Eriberto
Old 01-09-2016, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetronic View Post
When using sequencers for modulation I'm noticing that sometimes the modulation is a bit sloppy.
In the example pictured below the Rate modulation is erratic and every few cycles it will either hold for an extra beat or two or miss the modulation altogether.
This looks really similar to the old issue which I reported to Jim more than a year ago: "sequencer steps are triggering at very slightly different times than the modulator - probably just by 1 CV sample". Jim confirmed this issue using ModulationSeq and MonoNote. Unfortunately, this does not seems to be fixed yet.
Old 01-10-2016, 06:11 AM

Hi Jim
more investigation here, I'm still surprised by this, the problem appears if you use the slow spaces stack preset. Whenever you instantiate this you have to stop Numerology remove launchpad form midi/audio setup and reconnect it... no way to get it working any way different and no way to make it working with the Slow Spaces Stack preset...
Don't know way but this is it, just for knowing.

Cheers, Eriberto
Old 01-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Jim
more investigation here, I'm still surprised by this, the problem appears if you use the slow spaces stack preset. Whenever you instantiate this you have to stop Numerology remove launchpad form midi/audio setup and reconnect it... no way to get it working any way different and no way to make it working with the Slow Spaces Stack preset...

Cheers, Eriberto
Hmm, curiouser and curiouser. I'll be sure to give it a look shortly -- and thanks much for the extra info!!

Jim
Old 01-11-2016, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Hi Jim
I wasn't able to replicate it yet, even after loading 'slow spaces', but I have some questions: How is your Launchpad connected to your mac? I.e. are you using a hub. If you are using a hub, what else is connected to that hub? -- What I'm looking for there is anything that might cause MIDI events to get lost...

Also, if you aren't on N4.1 build 161 or later yet, go ahead and update...

Thanks!
Jim
Old 01-11-2016, 07:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetronic View Post

I use things like this for percussive sounds
Set the ParamMod rate to 'H' (high), and in prefs / audio, set the Control Rate to 1/4.

Let me know if that sorts it out!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 01-14-2016, 10:02 AM

Default demo ?

It's quite strange but in the latest version 163 I got the text DEMO but it's registred

best regards

Danilo