Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 05-02-2016, 08:11 AM

Default MainStage and Numerology AU/AUMX

Hi

Has anyone got Numerology working okay in MainStage?
Whenever I try to load an AU or AUMX MainStage freezes.
I've only started looking into MainStage this last day or so and am by no means an expert.

Latest versions of El Capitan, MainStage and Numerology.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:53 AM

AUMX is working fine here in Mainstage 3.2.4. But I'm still playing it safe with Mac OS 10.10.5, so maybe that's why?
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 05-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Administrator

There does seem to be an issue for some folks, it is one of my top priorities this week. I'll post here when I know more.

Jim
Old 05-09-2016, 01:08 PM

I'm interested in how you work within mainstage. I was tempted to get it just for Alchemy but wonder how I can integrate numerology.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resist View Post
I'm interested in how you work within mainstage.
I had a lot of fun setting up Mainstage as a MIDI Clock tempo following rack of a handful synths, effects and mixer tricks. But having to go through the MIDI IAC Bus over a handful MIDI channels, to target different instruments, felt like I was loosing out on too much in the CV department of Numerology as host.

My best production results, so far, has been to make the music in Numerology (standalone version) with some temporary synths plugins for monitoring my work and then simply record the MIDI to import into Logic for patching up the final synths and mixing it. Not as fun as the first (Mainstage) method, but more effective for me.
soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 05-09-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Per Boysen View Post
My best production results, so far, has been to make the music in Numerology (standalone version) with some temporary synths plugins for monitoring my work and then simply record the MIDI to import into Logic for patching up the final synths and mixing it. Not as fun as the first (Mainstage) method, but more effective for me.
I did my last batch of stuff this way. I use mostly hardware synths and a few third-party synth plugins, so importing midi and au presets into Ableton from Numerology stand-alone was easy ... the biggest problem I had was I recorded a few really good takes of things without realizing I didn't have the midi on all the plugin-hosting stacks cabled to the output and it didn't get captured. I've switched to working with the plugin to see how that works out ... it would be so great if Live supported multi-channel midi from it.
Old 05-10-2016, 04:29 PM

With the AUMX only the two parameters Bypass and Preset Name can be controlled through Mainstage. That's a showstopper for me, regarding using Mainstage. Like I said above: as by the current state of things, I prefer to work in Numerology standalone, record MIDI of stacks and put that into Logic as MIDI tracks to drive synths for mixing refinement.

soundcloud.com/pboy
Old 05-16-2016, 12:26 PM

AUMX works OK in Mainstage3 here, but I'm on OSX 10.+...

Is the transport running when you try to add it? That gives me trouble sometimes.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:02 AM

It's working now. I don't know if it's the latest version of Numerology (166) or the new version 10.11.5 of El Capitan.
One thing though, which I seem to recall was always problem for me in Logic, is that the first note of a sequence doesn't play on start. It okay as the sequence repeats. I'm using the AUMX plugin.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:50 AM

Just remembered you have to turn off count-in for some reason in Logic. Still checking out MainStage.