Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer

Old 09-24-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Well, in Numerology, you can always use the Custom Scale module (N4 Pro) to get custom quantization behaviors. As for scale quantization on the module, the main scales will be fixed (for first release anyway). Keep in mind that since you will have actual note readouts, it will be much easier to get specific notes than it would with any sequencer that uses sliders or pots to specify notes.

As for micro-tuning on the module, I haven't made a final decision yet, but that item is on the 'nice to have' list -- and asking for it helps!

Cheers,
Jim
So, just wanted to chime in here, I actually registered after seeing the video from Knobcon and being blown away, the one thing I was dying to hear was micro tuning. I think with that (hopefully the ability to import scala files), it would 100% remove my desire for a Circlon, and I would honestly pre order one the second I could do so. Very exciting product!!
Old 10-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfingers View Post
So, just wanted to chime in here, I actually registered after seeing the video from Knobcon and being blown away, the one thing I was dying to hear was micro tuning. I think with that (hopefully the ability to import scala files), it would 100% remove my desire for a Circlon, and I would honestly pre order one the second I could do so. Very exciting product!!
The Rev2 hardware does have very accurate 16 bit pitch DACs, so microtuning is both a possibility and of interest to me, but (to avoid feature creep) that feature is not on the 'must have' list for shipping -- it would be a firmware update. One option that will be available immediately: Since the Vector can output MIDI, you could plug it into a Mutable Instruments Yarns, which has both micro tuning and lots of CV.

Also: two questions while you're here: What sort of scales do you like to use, and what do you use to build them (i.e. Scala, etc).

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-14-2017, 10:58 PM

Hi Jim,

I was just wondering if CV calibration would be on the feature list for the Vector

I have a few rogue VCOs that need a bit of silent way calibration to play nice. But, the whole clunky expert sleepers software makes me dread having to use it each time.

If it was something that could be saved into the Vector if you knew that you'd use that VCO input with that CV output then I'd be able to finally lose the Es4 & gate expander & another midi 2 CV module I have and even my ornaments & crime would be out of a job.

I understand if that is too much feature creep, but I think it's lacking from too many midi 2 cv implementations, especially if you're trying to play chords.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensaddiction View Post
I was just wondering if CV calibration would be on the feature list for the Vector
There will be at least some basic calibration for Pitch CVs from the start -- you'd be able to set the minimum voltage, and -- in some way I'm not completely sure of yet -- the tuning from octave to octave. I'll need the very same facility to factory calibrate the CV outs. For instance, note C0 and C5 (middle C) -- or perhaps it will be easier in the end to use C3 and C5, not sure yet. That should give you pretty good tuning for almost any oscillator over at least 3-4 octaves, and really 8 or more with most. The Pitch CV range will be -2V to 8V -- so up to 10 octaves.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 10-19-2017, 06:29 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
The Pitch CV range will be -2V to 8V -- so up to 10 octaves.
Excellent!
Old 11-05-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The Rev2 hardware does have very accurate 16 bit pitch DACs, so microtuning is both a possibility and of interest to me, but (to avoid feature creep) that feature is not on the 'must have' list for shipping -- it would be a firmware update. One option that will be available immediately: Since the Vector can output MIDI, you could plug it into a Mutable Instruments Yarns, which has both micro tuning and lots of CV.

Also: two questions while you're here: What sort of scales do you like to use, and what do you use to build them (i.e. Scala, etc).

Cheers,
Jim
Jim,

I use Scala files, and currently I create/save them using the Korg Monologue librarian. I also download them from an online Scala archive and try them out from time to time.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenfingers View Post
Jim,

I use Scala files, and currently I create/save them using the Korg Monologue librarian. I also download them from an online Scala archive and try them out from time to time.
Groovy, thanks!

Jim