Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Feature Requests

Old 06-29-2013, 02:27 PM

Default Preset Quantization Settings

I would like to see a "Note Repeat" feature added to the Presets. Sort of like what you have on an Akai MPC where you hold down a pad (or key) and it "stutters" or repeats (retriggers) that pattern at a set quantized value (16ths, 8ths, dotted8ths, 32nds, etc..). There's also something similar in Ableton where you set a value to retrigger a clip. This could be added to the Preset Detail box. Would be very useful with a controller (like the Launchpad) for live performance. It's kind of half way there already with the Playlist feature.

OR is this already possible and I'm just missing something?

Cheers.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:45 AM

I think right off that this makes most sense to not use at a preset level but to setup some kind of a controller where you midi learn the sequencers "Reset" parameter. If you wanted this to control
several sequencers at once you could just assign one controller to all of their "Reset" paramteres..

I set this up just now using a button box and a paramod to control a Drumseq.

An added tweak to this would be to trigger and intermeadeary gate sequence set to Play modus and have that set to the repeat values you need...

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 06-30-2013 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Administrator

There's also 'Gate Divide' on all the Note Seqs -- but that's for more of a 'programmed' repeat than an on-the-fly thing... I sense this ought to be a MIDI effect...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Thanks for the workaround TwoToneshuzz. Very clever. Gonna have to experiment a bit.

@ Jim, Yeah I use the Gate Divide all the time. Very cool for "Roland m185" ratchet style sequences. Definitely gets close to what I'm talking about.