Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > General Questions

Old 09-12-2014, 12:19 PM

Default Run a preset a fixed number of bars

The title says it all; is this possible? I have this preset that I want to run for, say, four bars before going back to a specific base preset. Right now I have to watch it like hawk and first go into the preset (with a theme with twice the tempo) and then go back to the original with yet another preset change. There just has to be another way, what?

Cheers,

K
Old 09-12-2014, 10:20 PM

Using Timeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post
The title says it all; is this possible? I have this preset that I want to run for, say, four bars before going back to a specific base preset. Right now I have to watch it like hawk and first go into the preset (with a theme with twice the tempo) and then go back to the original with yet another preset change. There just has to be another way, what?

Cheers,

K
Old 09-13-2014, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrystal View Post
Using Timeline?
In theory, yes, but that means (if I am not mistaken) that I will have to use the timeline for everything. In my case I have a break which introduction is not fixed in time but when it happens, it is only for four bars. Something like this:

Noodling (for a while) -> break (four bars) -> noodling (for a while) -> break (four bars)…

So I can not foresee when the break comes, only that I trigger it with a preset change from the Launchpad when I am there. Today I will also have to trigger the going back part but would rather spend that time with all fingers on the main keyboard, than doing my octopus impersonation…

K
Old 09-13-2014, 07:42 AM

Page 23 in the manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by koenig View Post

Cheers,

K
Old 09-14-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrystal View Post
Page 23 in the manual
What I don't understand, from the manual nor from my experiments, is how this applies to my problem.

From what I have gathered is that if I enable the Preset Playlist all presets are subject to this. What I want to accomplish is to have all presets and to be able to pick and choose, but when I select one particular preset just that one should go for four bars and then return to the original.

Example

Preset 1: slow tempo
Preset 2: slow tempo, variation
Preset 3: slow tempo, variation
Preset 4: double tempo

So I would start the sequencer on preset 1 and then move to 2 and 3 whenever I choose, but when I go to 4 it should play for four bars and then go back to, say 3. From there I could go on, picking 1, 2 or 3 whenever I like but when I go to number 4 it should repeat itself but going for four bars and returning to 3.

Does this make sense? Am I wrong in my understanding of the Preset Playlist that this scenario does not apply?

Cheers,

K
Old 09-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Administrator

..... That may be possible by abusing the playlist loop a bit, but I'd have to run some tests and won't have a chance till tuesday. What you would do is have the first preset be the loop start, all the others the loop end, with the others set to a preset length of 16 beats. To keep the main preset always playing, you may need to dup it and make it a 2 preset loop.

... there are probably other options, so I'll mull it over a bit more...

Jim