Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : News

Old 05-30-2019, 04:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickb808 View Post
i still run into issues with the vector not seeming to start on external midi transport sometimes. say 1 out of every 10 external restarts it won't play when it's receiving clock.
Which physical flavor of MIDI: USB A, USB B or DIN?

Thanks!
Jim
Old 05-30-2019, 05:53 PM

Just updated to 1.016 & maybe i'm missing something here but i cant get the transpose to work in the Rec page. I've tried all the inputs, USB and Midi via the Expander + Vkeyboard and nothing happens.
I have a seq running on part1 and I have a keystep plugged in on the USBA or Ext midi which is recognised and works in the Step recording and Thru just fine but Trans does nothing.

Also whilst was trying to get Trans working on the rec page Vector froze on me and needed an reboot.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:17 AM

I had an unusual lockup today, I had the vector set up to receive a clock in from Pam's workout at 90bpm on Cr/1 and the sync out USB-B to sync Ableton. Part 1 was set to /64 and as changed the multipler on Pams clock to make the bpm 180 vector appeared to lock up but it didn't, it stopped playing but the only part that would not work was the 8 control knobs inc encoder 9, I could still jump around the pages but not adjust anything or start it playing with the run button.
I've tried this again and it seems that Vector is partially failing on the sudden change in the clock speed, in this case from 90 to 180 and the clk divider is set to /64. Also removing the clock and then reapplying it when the vector is running will cause this lock up

[EDIT] Another process causing the same type of partial lock up. Had 3 seqs running, went to Part 3 then pitch page and pressed shift Gen, this causes this lock up almost every time.

[EDIT2] OK, swapped back 1.0.10 firmware and tried the above steps and there were no lockups on either. It did have the error messages on the very top of the screen which know was an issue. In the clock switching scenario, I could crank It right up, part of the error message was too many events but there no lock ups.

Last edited by paulshillito; 06-02-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshillito View Post
Just updated to 1.016 & maybe i'm missing something here but i cant get the transpose to work in the Rec page. I've tried all the inputs, USB and Midi via the Expander + Vkeyboard and nothing happens.
I have a seq running on part1 and I have a keystep plugged in on the USBA or Ext midi which is recognised and works in the Step recording and Thru just fine but Trans does nothing.

Also whilst was trying to get Trans working on the rec page Vector froze on me and needed an reboot.
I also couldn’t get Transpose to work from Din or VKBD. It did work in prior OS versions

And I also have the sporadic “doesn’t start with ext clock” issue although hasn’t happened in a while. Using ERM multi clock din sync

But otherwise phenomenal!!
Old 05-31-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
Which physical flavor of MIDI: USB A, USB B or DIN?

Thanks!
Jim
this was over DIN midi.
Old 05-31-2019, 03:47 PM

Another one to add to the list is stuck notes in chord mode going out thru, Midi 1, midi 2, USB-A and Midi on Expander. Tried it with VST's in Ableton and my Waldorf Quantum using DIN midi with the same problems on both. The problem shows up almost immediately and every time chords are used.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:47 PM

Default MIDI transport start not being sent when in External Sync Modes?

Hi there Jim, seems that under 1.0.16 I am not getting any external sequencers to start from MIDI outputs whenever Vector's sync is set to anything other than 'INT'. Clock tempo is following the vector (so clock is being sent), but not transport I think? Am I missing something? All working fine when Vector is set to 'INT' sync.

John
Old 05-31-2019, 06:03 PM

A couple of times, on different days, I've noticed steps 1-8 have gotten set to skip (9-16 are not effected). I do have that edit mode set to "skip", but as far as I know there isn't any way to apply that to all steps simultaneously (that I could be accidentally doing).
Old 06-02-2019, 09:23 PM

it's a minor thing, but i've noticed that the sub-seq current step LED only lights when the step position updates on the sub-seq page. i would expect it to show the current step as lit when you arrive at the page before the step changes.

i had some parts that would stop playing/sounding after toggling mute state a few times also. i would have to reset the master clock transport to get the part to play again.

this is all with din clock being received by the vector and with it sending cv/gate, triggers, and midi out. had a lot of fun with it this weekend.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:00 AM

Hi Jim,
Loving the new OS.... the Vector sequencer truly unlocking my studio in ways only theoretically schemed up to now. Seriously.
couple of quirks i've come across using 1.0.16 worth noting in case possible bugs... i have four drum sampler players currently patched to J-trig outputs 1,2,3 and 4. These J-trig outputs are assigned respectively to GT5,GT6,GT7 and GT8 on the trig set up page. I initially thought of the Vector Seq as primarily a pitch and modulation sequencer but now coming to grips with how deep a drum pattern generator it is as well. Stepping through presets for those various parts (part 5,6,7 and 8) is unleashing amazing pattern, timbral and slice selection changes on those four assigned drum sample players. The glitch in question is the following: sometimes will muting and unmuting those parts on the part overview screen i noticed the trigs stay muted. Either when unmuting the part or occasionally when changing the preset. The workaround at the moment is to stop, start, reset the entire sequencer at which point all the assigned patterns, parts, gates, trigs, presets come back and all gates are firing again. I can send a video if that will be helpful to replicate. If any note i'm clocking the Vector via RC24 / Pamela's New Workout sending 24ppqn clock into RUN, CLOCK, RESET inputs. Thanks again, ross