Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Numerology > Siderial

Old 01-25-2012, 09:14 AM

Default Hard earned Numerologist title!

I'm fooling around with Numerology again today. Doing a live setup and I must give myself a bit of credit.

I'm a MASTER of Five12's James Cokers Numerology program! Yup it's been a 2 year journey. I had about a Ten Year break from using computers for music making, previous from 1992 to 2001 I'd used computers for music;

92-95 General Cubase and Sound design sound for theater installations my own spiring attempts at mastering this world

95-2000 Classical sound recording, microphone technique, Classical Editing, Archival media, live broadcast with the DR synphony orchestra as ( 6 months) assitant.

2001-2010 Classical improvisation piano, Classical piano music Debussy, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven.

2010-2012 Numerology studies experiments.

So the last to years I've been using Numerology exclusively, combined with my other passion photography. I've dropped classical piano at present as well as photography is on the back burner.

I can highly recommend focusing on one area at a time. Now after my first beginnings with Numerology two years ago, with all the strangeness the newness the frustration and the joys, I basically fly when using the program.

So for me the time for really making serious work with computers something I can really make something that I can be proud of and perhaps offer as electronic albums on iTunes or make sound track materiel as well taking the project studios out to do performances is fast approaching.

I want to share my experiences as I grow my own ways of working therefore I post often my findings to the Five12 site.

If you look around I've pretty well dominated the how to type post for a while now. Some advice can be useful to you. Enjoy it. Some advice can just be a picture into another users way of thinking.

The main thing I'm trying to say is I want to blow my own horn!! Numerology is a tool that I'm fast becoming a master at using! This is a great feeling and to new users I highly recommend spending time getting under the surface of this powerful program.

Regards

Wade

Last edited by TwoToneshuzz; 01-25-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:23 AM

Wade you really a Numerology's master, i really appreciate you post and the fact that you share your knowledge about Numerology.
Diego
DSI Mopho,Electribe Er-1 - Korg M3R - Korg wavestation A/D - Roland R8 Mk II - Korg A2 -Korg DSS1 - Korg Padkontrol - BCR 2000 - Novation Nocturne - some A100 modules- Numerology - Ableton live 6- Reaktor

http://www.quartzvisuals.com
http://dennisippolito.it
Old 01-25-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoToneshuzz View Post
I can highly recommend focusing on one area at a time.

Wade
Totally agree on that. That way you really get to know your tools, and G.A.S almost comes to a Komplete (no pun intended!) stop, apart from stuff you really FEEL you need instead of THINKING you need them. It worked for me.

Wade, it's awesome to have you on this forum sharing your insights with the rest of us! I'm still very new to Numerology, and find out crazy new things on a daily basis that i couldn't get working so fast and fun (or not at all) in any other program i used.
I take it easy though, because it's very easy to get overwhelmed by possibilities and not get anywhere. I just bookmark posts that i feel are interesting in my 'Numerology' folder for later insights.

Best,

Wasili

Last edited by 33tetragammon; 01-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsonx View Post
Wade you really a Numerology's master, i really appreciate you post and the fact that you share your knowledge about Numerology.
Diego
I know you are a great Numerologist too! Thanks for the compliment..

It's a bit of a long road this sound universe is vast.

Regards

Wade
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33tetragammon View Post
Totally agree on that. That way you really get to know your tools, and G.A.S almost comes to a Komplete (no pun intended!) stop, apart from stuff you really FEEL you need instead of THINKING you need them. It worked for me.

Wade, it's awesome to have you on this forum sharing your insights with the rest of us! I'm still very new to Numerology, and find out crazy new things on a daily basis that i couldn't get working so fast and fun (or not at all) in any other program i used.
I take it easy though, because it's very easy to get overwhelmed by possibilities and not get anywhere. I just bookmark posts that i feel are interesting in my 'Numerology' folder for later insights.

Best,

Wasili
Thanks Wasili. Focus is good. At some point things that were difficult become second nature. Mastery feels like the flow just whizzes through the task at hand. Then it's time to enjoy to relax, enjoy the ride, and perhaps share . But then of course a new challenge appears and because of the joy and relaxing you've got the energy to move any obstacles you might encounter on your way..

Regards

Wade
Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 AM
Administrator

Absolutely -- I'm actually pretty certain that Wade knows some areas of the program better than I do!

Cheers,
Jim
Old 04-10-2012, 03:47 AM

haha ya Wade your posts are awesome! You've turned this forum from a technical "I have a problem" type place into a genuine community that I repeatedly come back to check up on!

Numerology has really attracted a fantastic group of electronic music nerds. There is a much more open and interesting atmosphere here than on any other Electronic music producers boards. I credit this with the nature of Numerology.

Great stuff!