Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 07-16-2013, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Logic X...

Just announced: http://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

Note in the requirements: "Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins."

I'm of course looking to get a copy to test the N4 AU -- which is both 32 and 64 bit. Here's hoping that they added MIDI output from AUs...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-17-2013, 04:29 AM

+1 for midi output from AU's.. fingers crossed ))

Please keep us updated, Jim and best of luck with everything.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:06 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing when reading about it...

Btw, Jim, does / will Numerology itself support those AU MIDI output callbacks? I came across this post of yours on the Apple mailing list the other day (as I was looking around for info on building virtual MIDI outputs, for use with some custom hacks for the Leap Motion controller that will be available to the public next week, yay) mentioning that only AudioMulch, Bidule and S1 support it, so far. Not that I need it for anything in particular - I think virtual MIDI ports and/or OSC will do just fine.

The new MIDI scripting feature in Logic looks pretty cool, too. I might finally grab myself a copy one of these days. But wait... with plug-in latency compensation and automation recording forthcoming in N4, what would I still want Logic for?
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjoerd View Post
Btw, Jim, does / will Numerology itself support those AU MIDI output callbacks? I came across this post of yours on the Apple mailing list the other day (as I was looking around for info on building virtual MIDI outputs, for use with some custom hacks for the Leap Motion controller that will be available to the public next week, yay) mentioning that only AudioMulch, Bidule and S1 support it, so far. Not that I need it for anything in particular - I think virtual MIDI ports and/or OSC will do just fine.
Not yet. It is on the list but is a relatively low priority as I'm seeing much more requests for other things. It isn't particularly hard to do...

Quote:
The new MIDI scripting feature in Logic looks pretty cool, too. I might finally grab myself a copy one of these days. But wait... with plug-in latency compensation and automation recording forthcoming in N4, what would I still want Logic for?
Ha! Just keep in mind RTA is not a replacement for the usual sort of mixdown automation in a DAW... But then, there's always the old-school
approach as so nicely demonstrated by Mr Lanois: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEhIY-TELHI

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I might finally grab myself a copy one of these days.
Did you folks notice the 'no upgrade from Logic 9' setup? It seems like Apple's new model is : "no base price, you just pay for upgrades as if they were full purchases" -- a highly unusual option and an interesting contrast to Adobe's new 'rental only' model.

... just checked w/ Peter Kirn's thorough writeup at CDM (http://createdigitalmusic.com/2013/0...ls/#more-29849) to confirm the pricing model...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-21-2013, 11:27 AM

Question Logic x

I just bought a new 27" iMac and downloaded logic X. A month ago I upgraded to numerology 3 pro on an older mac. Any idea as to when I might be able to use numerology 3 on my new computer.

Okoch
Old 07-22-2013, 11:11 AM

There is no MIDI out natively from AU plugins, sadly. Though still anxiously awaiting 64bit Numerology!
Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by okoch View Post
I just bought a new 27" iMac and downloaded logic X. A month ago I upgraded to numerology 3 pro on an older mac. Any idea as to when I might be able to use numerology 3 on my new computer.

Okoch
Until Numerology 4 is ready, your best option is to run both Numerology and Logic X standalone w/ Logic synced to Numerology via MTC. I'll have an update on N4 shortly -- things are moving right along...

Cheers,
Jim
Old 07-22-2013, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase47 View Post
There is no MIDI out natively from AU plugins, sadly. Though still anxiously awaiting 64bit Numerology!
Looks the same over here -- no AU MIDI output support, unless I missed some magic switch somewhere. However, the 64-bit N4 AU loads and runs just fine...

Jim
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 PM

let's hope that's fixed in a dot update!! leave feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html