Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Five12 > Five12 News

Old 02-18-2014, 03:01 AM

Hi Jim,

After saving a project and re-opening it I loose a ParaMod connection. ParaMod goes to two separate Note Gen modules in separate stacks. It's controlling the mute on the 1. Note Gen and Base Note on the 2. Note Gen.

I can fix it by reselecting the two params in ParaMod, but after saving and re-opening the connection is lost.

Not sure if this is a bug exclusive to this build though.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zox View Post
Hi Jim,

After saving a project and re-opening it I loose a ParaMod connection. ParaMod goes to two separate Note Gen modules in separate stacks. It's controlling the mute on the 1. Note Gen and Base Note on the 2. Note Gen.

I can fix it by reselecting the two params in ParaMod, but after saving and re-opening the connection is lost.

Not sure if this is a bug exclusive to this build though.
I just tested what you described, can't reproduce.
The Param Mod still keep the same assignments after saving, closing and re-opening.

-Mac osx 10.8.5.
-Numerology 4 build 130.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:05 AM

Thanks for testing, appreciate it.

I just replicated it with a new empty project:
3 stacks, Mononote to ParaMod. ParaMod to Note Gen's in stack 2 and 3, controlling mute and base note.

After saving and reopening Numerology ParaMod connection is lost.

OSX 10.9.1
Numerology 4 Pro (build 130)
Old 02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zox View Post
Thanks for testing, appreciate it.

I just replicated it with a new empty project:
3 stacks, Mononote to ParaMod. ParaMod to Note Gen's in stack 2 and 3, controlling mute and base note.

After saving and reopening Numerology ParaMod connection is lost.

OSX 10.9.1
Numerology 4 Pro (build 130)
Email me a copy of the project -- and a screenshot of how the ParamMod's look when they are setup properly.

Thanks!
Jim
Old 02-24-2014, 10:53 AM

Jim, I recently had to delete another whopping 30 GB crashlog. Logic X didnt boot anymore. I saw it because after starting logic (which hang on the initialisation screen and loading plugs) my systemdrive lost 30 gb in space each time I opened logic X.

Unfortuneatly before I saw this behaviour (of the lower HDD freespace size) and connected the earlier crashlog I had before (on v124 or so I believe) so that the crashlog was the thing Logic prevented to load after I had made an entire new project. This costed me alot of time.

It (temporary) costed me 60GB HDD space. 30 for the crashlog and 30GB mem write when starting logic. I saw my systemdisk come from 32 GB to 91GB after removing the file and hard reboot.

I am afraid now to load the plugin anymore because well maybe next time my HDD will come so low in size it can cause troubles to the drive itself. And this is really alot of hassles to keep Logic X running okay.

Isnt there a way to prevent the plugincrashlog grow so big? (I presume he adds all my plugins to that log)

Also I still get that random numerology midi port inside logic...

And is there a way to reset the midiports listed in the plug/standalone app.
I see 10s of midiports I dont have anymore. Something of a reset of the midiports in the routing dialogs.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by septicunderground View Post
I see 10s of midiports I dont have anymore. Something of a reset of the midiports in the routing dialogs.
Thanks for asking this septicunderground. I'd love to know this also. I changed MIDI patchbays and the old one is still in the list. Not to mention tons of "virtual" MIDI ports that need to go. Is there a file somewhere I can delete the old MIDI settings? My list is like 40 devices deep!

Cheers

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured out how to do it. Go into Music/Five12/Support Files. Delete the PatchbaySetup.nmo file. Restart Numerology.... and the old MIDI ports will be gone!

Last edited by CF3; 02-24-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Jim, I recently had to delete another whopping 30 GB crashlog. Logic X didnt boot anymore. I saw it because after starting logic (which hang on the initialisation screen and loading plugs) my systemdrive lost 30 gb in space each time I opened logic X.

Unfortuneatly before I saw this behaviour (of the lower HDD freespace size) and connected the earlier crashlog I had before (on v124 or so I believe) so that the crashlog was the thing Logic prevented to load after I had made an entire new project. This costed me alot of time.

It (temporary) costed me 60GB HDD space. 30 for the crashlog and 30GB mem write when starting logic. I saw my systemdisk come from 32 GB to 91GB after removing the file and hard reboot.

I am afraid now to load the plugin anymore because well maybe next time my HDD will come so low in size it can cause troubles to the drive itself. And this is really alot of hassles to keep Logic X running okay.

Isnt there a way to prevent the plugincrashlog grow so big? (I presume he adds all my plugins to that log)
Run Numerology standalone, and let me know what the Logging pref is. It should be 'off'.

Quote:
Also I still get that random numerology midi port inside logic...

Delete this file (whose location changes based on whether you have N3 or N4).
N3: <your home dir>/Library/Application Support/Five12/Numerology/PatchbaySetup.nmo
(on 10.7 & later, option-click the 'Go' menu in Finder to see your Library dir)
N4: <your home dir>/Music/Five12/Support Files/PatchbaySetup.nmo

Jim
Old 02-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Many thanks Jim for your reply.

Indeed logging was set to low.

And now I have a fresh updated midiport listing

Cheers