Numerology Store    Download  Video    Forum

Go Back   Five12.net -- Online Forum for the Numerology Music Sequencer > Eurorack Hardware > Vector Sequencer : News

Old 02-16-2020, 09:25 AM

The only thing I'm left confused by right now, is why when I tried to use external Clock and Run signals that the same problem happened and Vector ran once, then ignored the signals..Very strange. But maybe that's only an issue for me and my particular set up..
Old 02-16-2020, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarRainUK View Post
The problem was because I use a box inbetween the DAW and Vector (E-RM Multiclock) and it was not outputting a start/stop message, now that I turned it on for the correct channel, Vector starts and stops every time without fail and sync is perfect.

I'm not sure if you other guys with issues are using a similar set up, if not just make sure your MIDI out is configured correct and a MIDI start/stop message is being sent
Thanks. I use a multiclock too. I used Din Sync and also analog sync. Both do send separate clock and run signals, and I still had the issues. Are you saying better to use MIDI clock out from ERM? I thought I tried that too, but maybe not. Or are you just saying you canít use the ERM in the middle (which would bring me back to the days of jitter and delay from the DAW!! Yuck! )
Old 02-16-2020, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbzoot View Post
Thanks. I use a multiclock too. I used Din Sync and also analog sync. Both do send separate clock and run signals, and I still had the issues. Are you saying better to use MIDI clock out from ERM? I thought I tried that too, but maybe not. Or are you just saying you canít use the ERM in the middle (which would bring me back to the days of jitter and delay from the DAW!! Yuck! )
Yes exactly! Try MIDI out from the Multiclock, but make sure to edit the channel and enable SSP on the 2nd page where you select the source.

Like you I found Din Sync failed too. So try that.
Old 02-16-2020, 07:38 PM

Genius!!! Thanks a lot. Works like a charm. 25 consecutive successes